Emil turned and motioned for Arazel to step forward. The quiet male came into the light, his heartbeat echoing in the silence, matching Michael Grace's. When he moved into the circle of Guardians, she leaned toward him, and Nathan reluctantly allowed the hybrid to take her into his arms. Arazel placed a small kiss on her forehead and she grinned. When he looked up to Angelique on the balcony, Grace rested an elbow on his shoulder and turned to look at her as well, her luminous emerald green eyes boring into the blonde vampire's mossy ones.

Angelique's humor faded to seriousness. Emil introduced them. "Arazel, son of Amahté, Ancient of Ancients, allow me to introduce you to Queen Angelique, leader of the New Orleans Coven."

Arazel stepped in front of the group, his sly eyes absorbing her countenance. With and exaggerated courtly bow, he spoke softly, saying sarcastically, "It is my pleasure to meet you, your Highness."

She did not miss it, but wisely did not make comment. "The pleasure is mine, I'm sure." She dismissed him and looked back to Emil. "I'll give you an hour, then you and your Guardians are going to come and tell me how the fuck you intend to keep the war you're asking for out of my front yard."

When Evan made to speak, Emil placed a restraining hand on her arm and spoke first. "Thank you for your hospitality, Angelique. I appreciate your willingness to allow my coven to regroup here. I will do everything in my power to keep you and yours from harm. We have much to discuss. I will come to you within the hour."

She nodded. "Dane, please take them to the parlor, so they can have some time together, then show them to my office."

With that, she turned on her stilettoed heel and swept through the French doors from which she had come. There was a moment of chaos as the St. Louis coven came together in a crush of bodies, greeting one another, all centered on Grace and Nathan. He had reclaimed her from Arazel, not wanting the hybrid to touch her any more than he had. He was still repulsed by the way Arazel looked at her, like she was a sweet to eat. Their greetings were interrupted when Dane stepped between them, essentially pushing them apart to walk in a straight line to the other side of the courtyard.

"Follow me," he said without looking at anyone. He led them to a double door, made of louvered slats that allowed the warm tropical air to move through the room during the summer. Inside, the French influence continued, as all the furnishings were delicate and refined, covered in velvet and embroidery. "I'll be back in an hour."

He left abruptly, without another word.

Jean smirked. "He still hasn't figured out how to pull the stick from his ass, has he mon cher?"

Hawk shook his head no.

Xavier stepped to Emil and they clasped each other's hands firmly, before Emil clasped him on the shoulder, pulling him into a brief hug.

"Master Emil, it is good to see you, too," Xavier said with a smirk, trying to pull some formality into the situation. Pointedly, he continued, "I see you have brought others. I would very much like to meet them. I recognized Guardian Caleb, but the others are new to me."

Emil motioned for the others to come closer. As they stepped forward, he caught Marie's eye. "My friend. How are you?"

Marie's smile did not quite reach her eyes and he did not miss it. "Very well, thank you, Emil. I'm so glad you and Evan are here, Grace has missed you very much."

Noting her subdued response, Emil replied, "Are you well?"

She nodded and turned to where Evan was standing, cuddling Grace in one arm and holding Nathan close with the other. She went to them and Emil did not miss how she put a hand on Grace and stayed as close to her as possible.