“J-J-J-Jewel!” He guessed again.

I shook my head feeling victorious.

“Then it’s definitely Jaba-laba-bim-bom!!” He randomly said in a very quick way, making me laugh so hard.

“Hahahaha no, It’s Jessabel!” I answered still giggling.

“You have a weird name.” He defended himself. “I’ll just call you Weird Jessobel.” He teased, laughing as he ran back to his place.

I got up and yelled at him. “Hey, that’s not fair, come back here!”

THE NEXT DAY

It was my first day at school, my mom drove me all the way to Crilley Elementary School. It was a big building made out of red bricks all over the place, window glasses with white and black edges that were arranged in order, children running around all over the place.

I took a deep breath, I had to admit, after being so nervous, it felt great, and it felt even better that this was the place I will be studying at. I walked with my mom through the halls of the school, passing different classrooms; I kept looking around everywhere, my eyes diving into the other children’s activities, until I finally reached my classroom. “This is it sweetheart.” My mom began, snapping me out of my own little world. “Are you ready for class?”

I nodded in response, and went inside; I noticed Bradley talking and laughing with some of his friends at the back of the class but did nothing of it.

I sat down at an empty spot on the second row as the bell rang. I looked around, the place looked friendly, drawings on the walls, some educational posters, everything was all colorful, and that made the place feel even better.

“Good morning class.” The teacher said as she just entered the classroom. She was in her mid-twenties, having black wavy hair, green eyes, and a friendly smile. “Well class, seems that we have a new student.” She said smiling towards me.

“My name is Miss Eleanor, I will be your home-room teacher, why don’t you come over here and tell us a little bit about yourself?” She suggested excitedly.

I did what I was told to do and stood up and walked to the front of the classroom, I turned and faced the other students. I noticed Bradley had a bit of a smirk on his face, I wanted to stick my tongue out on him so bad but resisted the urge to do so. “My name is Jessabel White, I’m new here, umm” I looked back at the teacher not knowing what to say. “That’s it.”

“Thank you Jessabel.” Miss Eleanor said as I returned to my seat. “Now class, be sure to make her feel welcome and comfortable here, okay?”

When class was over, Miss Eleanor left the room, all the children, including me, stood up, most of them went to their friends. I, on the other hand went to the end of the classroom to get myself some tissue from the tissue box that I noticed was located when I entered the room. Unfortunately for me, a group of obnoxious kids came over.

“So, it’s Jessabel White huh?” asked a girl arrogantly whose name was Natasha, a beautiful brunette, she looked like she was the girl in charge of things.

“White, why's your last name a color?” asked another girl next to her, causing the group around me to laugh. She was Emilia Harrington, a blonde girl who was a bit taller than Natasha.

“Oh, wait, how about her weird Jessabel name?” said another kid, this time a chubby boy, Jonathan Knight was the tallest in class. “She can be a our big weird bell, DING-DONG, lunch break everyone! Hahaha!”

I just looked down embarrassed as all the kids around me started to laugh and make fun of me. Just then, the chubby boy suddenly fell to the ground with a big thud, his impact to the ground causing the chairs around him to screech, everyone who was laughing stopped. I looked up and saw Bradley standing right in front of me, as if he were shielding me. His face filled with anger and rage.

“Anyone who even thinks of calling her names will be an exact image of that!” Bradley spat the last two words.

I looked at the chubby kid and realized he had just received a punch to the side of his face. He was crying while rubbing his jaw in pain, trying to get up, shaking as he did so.

“What are you still doing here? Scram!” Bradley ordered, soon it was only him and I at the back of the class; he turned to me, taking in my now lost and shocked face. “Only I get to make fun of you, and only I get to call your name weird.”

 ________________________________________

** Authour's Note: I know this was small, simple, and not really much, but then again, this is just the start, I promise the next chapters will be totally different.

Keep on Reading :D

 - I've just started writing so I'm sure it's not that great, but please keep reading. I get better by chapter 3 or so. Please please please, don't give up on me.