Chapter 11

"What??" I started coughing and spluttering. I hauled myself over to my father, who was knelt over Nik.

"Nik, where saved!" He ws lying there motionless. "Nik..weve made it..we can be a family again." He didn't move. "Nik.....Nik!!" My dad felt for his pulse. "Kass, I am so sorry." "No..NO! He's fine, Nik wake up....wake up!" I started screaming and crying. "Nik, wake up...we are going to be a family." My 'mother' dragged me away. "Nik..no..put me down...he needs me...Nik!" I was dragged out of the cave, kicking and screaming as Nik lay there still. Dead.

I fell onto the ground in hysteria. "Noooo!!! Nik, we where going to have a child...and our life was going to be pefect.. Nik, I need you." Tears stained my face, he had wasted his last breath on me... I remeber his smile as I told he we where having a child! I remeber comforting him as his brother Henrik was murdered and I remeber the first time he told me he loved me in the forest in England. People saw him as a monster but he wasn't he was just misunderstood, he was my best friend, my lover and my husband. I felt so empty, I cried and cried until I felt like I had no tears left. Lots of people arrived, over the next few weels to offer their condolences but I wanted to be by myself, the only person I wanted to talk to was Nik. And now that could never happen...

I had dreams; so many dreams about Nik. I never felt alone, I felt like he was watching me - guiding me. I dreamed about him every night, each dream would be different but he would always be in it, taking me to places. In my last dream, he took me to a beach and he told me how me and the baby was all I needed. The next day, I woke up with sand in my shoes, I know it sounds crazy but I felt like, my dream was real. I stared at our framed photographs on the wall of me and Nik, and I felt myself smiling. Suddenly the baby kicked, maybe it was responding to it's father.