23 - The Part Where Questions Remain Unanswered... As Always.

Comincia dall'inizio

For Perrie, the drink is her life and the mini whirlwind manifests her love for Jade. Before Perrie spun her straw around the drink, the drink was still, it was at ease; just like Perrie's life, before Jade, Perrie was at ease; she was calm and she felt like there was nothing or no-one that could change her everything. But then out of nowhere and without anticipation, a mini whirlwind began and just like her love for Jade, it was also the one that basically ruins everything. Perrie never anticipated that she would fall for the ombré girl, and even if she liked girls way before that, she didn't expected it would be with a girl like Jade.

Don't get her wrong, Jade is undoubtedly the friendliest and the most sympathetic person she ever knew aside from Jesy. But that is what scared Perrie the most. Because as much as she didn't want to succumb to the thought that Jade might have pitied her and so decided to stick around with the blonde, Perrie couldn't help but think that it sounded too plausible that if Perrie didn't know Jade personally, she could be easily be persuaded by it. It felt too surreal because the reality of Jade not ignoring her and still being her friend seemed too fantastic to be true.

"You know... there are questions that will forever remain unanswered," Jade says out of nowhere, catching the blonde's attention as Perrie immediately tilted her head up and start to look at Jade. Jade had a tight-lipped smile spread across her face. She shook her head and sighs, "Like no matter how intelligent you are, you can't use your brain cells to solve the problem anymore. No matter how many days or years you've been trying to comprehend about what you're truly feeling... if the question doesn't want to be answered, you just can't. Do you feel me?"

Perrie nodded silently, finally knowing where the girl is coming from; finally glad that she wasn't the only person who went through this.

"Yeah... I do."

"Everything is confusing."

Just like you. Perrie snorted at that one.

"No shit, Thirlwall."

Jade smiled, glad to find someone who finally understood her. She always knew that Perrie is an empathetic person, that Perrie is the type of person who happens to have the ability to feel your emotions. And she may not show it but she was grateful to have the girl.

"Edwards, do you have questions that are unanswered?" Jade asks.

Perrie does have unanswered questions, but one question seemed to be standing out and bigger than the rest in Perrie's head. And unfortunately, that particular question involves about the feelings of the girl in front of her and the least thing that Perrie wanted is for Jade to leave her behind all because she stupidly and inadvertently blurted it out.

"Who doesn't have at least a single unanswered question, right?" Perrie chuckled, and Jade nodded and laughed along with her.

"Right. Unless you're talking about unanswered questions in school tests."

"I think school tests are irrelevant at this point."

"I don't think so. I think it still falls on the 'unanswered questions' category."

"That's because you take things very literally."

"Can you blame me?"

"You're lucky you're cute," Perrie blurted out, only to find her eyes widen in horror and Jade's smile to stretch even more to the point that Jade's eyes are starting to become invisible already.

"Did you just call me 'cute'?"

"I did not."

"Damn. I should've recorded it while I still had the chance. You didn't inform me so I would've prepared my phone at this point."

"Shut up, it was nothing."

"Oh, to you it's nothing. But to me, it's everything, alright," Jade says, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Whatever entertains your ego, Thirlwall," Perrie rolled her eyes. "But just so we're clear, I call everyone 'cute'."

Jade smiled widely and winked at the blonde as she makes a tsk sound.

"Sure, hottie."

"Hottie?"

Jade nodded.

"Don't worry. Unlike you, I only call one person 'hottie'."

Perrie leaned closer, a wave of confidence unknowingly splashed through her system as she flashed the ombré girl a smirk.

"And who is that?"

Jade rolled her eyes and leaned back on the seat as she lets out a small giggle.

"Damn. A hottie and a stupid one," she comments.

"Excuse me?" Perrie scoffed, narrowing her eyes at the girl, whose expression clearly shows how amused Jade is.

Jade shook her head as she stood up from her seat and Perrie looked up at her expectantly. Jade winked at the blonde and stretched out her hand in front of her.

"Take my hand, hot Perrie Edwards. We're going to school."

Perrie raised an eyebrow at her but obeys as she hesitantly drew her hand near. In fact it was too hesitantly that Jade rolled her eyes as she groaned in annoyance and impatiently grabbed Perrie's hand and clutched it, pulling the blonde along with her as they walk briskly and hurriedly outside the restaurant and towards their school.

Perrie felt like a fangirl; her cheeks are probably as red as a tomato as she blushes greatly and it's all because Jade was holding her hand the entire walk on the way to Perrie's classroom.

"Let's hang out during lunch?" Jade asks hopefully.

"Lauren and I are gonna hang out during lunch," Perrie says, instantly regretting saying it because of the unreadable expression that Jade is pulling.

"You and Lauren still hang out?" Jade asks, knitting her eyebrows.

Perrie was hesitant but she was sure that she couldn't lie about this to Jade, not right now. She nodded.

"Yes, we still hang out. Is that a problem?"

"Well, then, can I hang out with you and Lauren?"

"What?"

Jade smiled and enveloped Perrie in a quick hug and peck on the cheek.

"I can't wait."

"But I haven't--"

"Nice! See you guys later, Edwards."

And before Perrie could say anything, Jade was already jogging towards her next class, not giving the blonde a second glance.

"Shit," Perrie muttered.