She is Her

(Unedited)

Months had gone by that he hadn't seen or heard from Stefan or.....her. He no longer spoke her name. It was almost as if she never existed the way he spoke around her name and would ignored anything that had to do with her.

He was angry with her. Angry with her for making him feel for her, love her. Angry with her for leaving him, as if he could go on living happily living life without her after knowing how it felt to have her in it. Angry she tried to make him forgot.

Damon wanted to hate her, and even though he knew he couldn't, it was nice to pretend. So he 'focused' on helping Elena find Stefan, which wasn't any easier. The only thing giving him an inkling of an idea on where they might be was the trail of ripped apart bodies his younger broker left behind. But as he saw how much the truth of who Stefan was and what he was doing was hurting the doppelgänger, he decided to follow this next lead on his own.

Damon enters the place hanging up on Elena, eyes low with suspicion. He frowned when he noticed it was Andie's purse on the floor before. Hearing a fraction of a wisp behind him, he turned to around to see Stefan there.

"Stefan."
"Hello, brother."
"You don't write. You don't call." Damon began nonchalantly, why Stefan...
"Need you to stop following me. Causing some problems." ...Stefan cut right to the chase.
"With who, Klaus? I'm supposed to care what he thinks?"
"Stefan: What you're supposed to do... Is let me go"
"Damon: Saw your later artwork in Tennessee. Waling a fine line there, my friend. Keep that up and there will be no saving you"
"Stefan: See, the thing is, I don't need any saving. I just want you to let me go
LDamon: Oh, I got a birthday girl at home who's not going to let me do that"
"Stefan: You know, maybe I haven't made my point. Hey, Andie, you still there?

The human stood upstairs on the edge she of a large wooden board. Damon frowned at the sight, worried, but trying to to show Andie or Stefan.

"Andie?"
"Damon? I can't move, Damon." She stammered trying to maintain her balance. "He told me that I can't move."
"No, no, no, it's ok, Andie, stay calm. He assured her before glaring at Stefan. "Not cool, brother."

While he was no longer sexually involved with the journalist, he still considered her friend. Stefan playing a dangerous game, but he need Damon to understand.

"Oh, come on. It's a little bit cool, huh?" He didn't bother looking up as he spoke to the reporter. "Hey, Andie. You can move now."

"No!" Damon shouted simultaneously as Andie took the step, compelled my Stefan to jump to her death. "No, no, no, no, no!"

Before Damon could move toward her, Stefan pinned him against the wall.
"I said... Let. Me. Go." Stefan demanded.

Pushing past his younger brother he rushed over to Andie, who lied dead. Damon was livid. And while upset his friend was dead, there was still something he needed to know. Swallowing his anger he looked up and spoke through clenched teeth.

"Stefan" he spoke quickly.

It was a hard thing to do - outing your pride to the side - but he had to ask.

"Where is she?"

Head tilted back slightly, Stefan closed his eyes letting out a small sigh before turning around.

"I'm sorry Damon," Stefan started as he walked over to his older brother. "Klaus put her down."

Stefan avoided all eye contact with him then, not wanting to see the hurt he was cussing him. Extending his arm, he held out a vanilla envelope, one slightly covered in drops of blood, with 'Damon' written on it in perfect script. With one last apology, Stefan departed, leaving Damon in the abandoned warehouse with a body, note, and broken heart.