CHAPTER 51: Discovered

Well I never thought I would have such fun with someone who had at one time appeared cold and bitter. Amelia wasn’t all she cracked up to be in the beginning, she was actually I very sweet person and a calm soul, except when she was pissed off. I guess we had that in common. It had been three days since I had arrived on the Himalayas and some pretty interesting things had happened since then.

Amelia and I talked a lot and it was great having a paternal sister, I learned a lot from her too. Like some battle strategies and what they were planning for my demise, it would seem that I was being very deceptive because I did not explain who I was, but I knew that if she did know without actually knowing me, she would never accept me. So I was lying on the safe side until then. Not to mention how everyone was very… what should I say, hyped up, Vaarien was crazy.

I felt him before the vibe of his power hit me, I was asleep the second night and I felt an unnatural anger that jolted me awake, then his vibes hit me. I guessed he was probably angry because I was gone, but I didn’t have time to dwell on that because everyone was running around throwing up shields all over the place, at their rate even if I didn’t have my own, Vaarien didn’t have a chance in hell at finding me. I guess Tiana was being very much laid back because Vaarien was angry but she couldn’t help him because she didn’t know where I was.

I didn’t like the thought that he could probably harm them, but Saber said Ophelia would not allow it and I also believed Tiana, Ketura and Morganna could handle themselves if the need arose. And well Himalayas Mountains was as still as the desert on a good day but Amelia wasn’t concerned about Vaarien; she was one of those persons that would fight a giant because she believed she was that good. She wasn’t afraid of anything and that was scary to me because I usually became afraid, but my heart was with Amelia. I didn’t know why, maybe the thought that she was my sister and that was as close as I would get to an actually family member. We all know that Karveen was a definite no, no and I wasn’t about to make that a yes, yes even if my life depended on it.

“Sydney, where did you live before this”, Amelia asked.

“In South America”, I said honestly.

“Wow, so how did you get here, that’s a very long way”, she said.

“I flew”, I smiled. It was the truth; I did fly to the Himalayas, but not from South America and with special gifts.

“That’s so cool”, she said.

“What is your gift”, I asked.

“Me”, she laughed.

“Yes you”, I smiled.

“I can manipulate water and I have this great ability to battle strategies”, she said.

“Just like Neptune”, I said.

“Guess so”, she replied, Neptune wasn’t the best subject, but I wanted to know what she thought about me.

“So what do you think about the hybrid”, I asked, we were sharpening swords.

“I think she is a weasel”, she sneered, well I guess the hope of being liked just flew through the window.

“Why, she is your sister”, I said appalled.

“She has no right to what she is planning to do. We all live here; just because she is a god and wants more power doesn’t mean she has to make our lives hell. You know I was happy, living in the Turks and Caicos Islands with my mom, when the tsunami hit a couple of years ago. My mother, she was injured, if she had died I didn’t know what I would do, but you see she is a powerful witch”, she said.