1

Recently​ an old issue had been brought back up. The Queen's death. She had been dead many for a few years, when she had given birth to the youngest Prince. Prince Patrick, or Paddy as his older brothers called him.

But as to the reason why the Queen's death was an issue once more was because the King's health had also been declining. Looming threat was approaching the young boys as well as the kingdom. They'd already lost their dear mother and their Queen. But now they had to deal with the fact that they could loose their father and reigning King too.

Harry and Sam urged the now 12 year old Tom to go see their father. Quite literally pushing him through the grand doors. Thomas tripped over his feet, bashfully stumbling in on his father and the doctor. Tom's bottom lip wavered in fear. Thankfully his father waved him closer.

His father pulled him on his knee, keeping a hand on the young boys shoulder. The eldest Prince let out a breath, looking up at the aged doctor through soft and curious brown eyes. "Your father will be fine, my prince." The doctor reassured even if it was a lie. For the time being the King would be fine. Just not likely​ to be so in the future.

Tom excitedly​ wrapped his smaller arms around his father's neck. As the doctor excused himself and went to open the door the twins fell against the hard wood floors. The doctor laughed the little toddler, Paddy, walked over his twin brothers to his father. Once off the floor the boys raced into their fathers arms.

They moved onto the bed so the five of them could fit. Thomas and Sam on one side of their father. Paddy and Harry on the other side. Their fathers arms wrapped around their little bodies. The four young boys continued to look up at their father curiously. "You're not going to leave us like mother?!" Harry sputtered out.

The greying man chuckled then coughed. "No, I'm not going to leave like her." He reassured. Besides how could he? He couldn't give birth to a child. "Not for a long time my boys." He promised them the best he could. He certainly had no intention of leaving his children.

"What happens if you do.... By accident?" Sam questioned now. Leaning further against his father. The three boys were petrified that they may loose their father. They only had him left. Their father forced a smile.

"Well then I'll be extra careful and if I happen to go anywhere, even for a day, then Thomas will be in charge of the three of you." Thomas's eyes widened.

"I don't want to take care of them! They're to much and they don't listen!" He held tightly onto his father's hand, afraid to let go. His father chuckled, pulling them all closer to him.

"Fear not my boys," he grinned, "I'll only let that happen if Thomas convinces that girl Y/N to marry him." Sam and Harry chuckled, Paddy joined in too.

"That won't happen father!" Harry said, "Tom's ears are to big for a girl to like him!" Tom's mouth dropped open, how dare his brother insult his ears.

"Well at least my teeth don't stick out of my mouth!" Tom shot back.

"Okay, your ears are equal to your head. But your hands are huge! You'd crush a girl if you tried to touch her!" Sam said. Although he wasn't supposed to, their father began laughing so hard he cried. Tom took a pillow and bashed the two twins, Paddy just giggled wildly.

*~*

"Who are you going to marry?" Your older sister thought aloud, while playing with your hair. You hugged your doll and your face scrunched up.

"No one! I don't like anybody!"

"Why not?" Your sister asked to see your reaction. "I thought you liked Tommy."

"Nope! I hate boys!"

"You hate everyone." Your sister muttered, pulling your hair back. You smiled.

"No, I love cats! They're so cute!"

Your sister giggled. "Well if you marry someone later I'll tell him that you hate him."

"That's okay, he'll know because he has boy germs and I don't want them."

"You'll get them when you kiss!" You screamed in disgust, running off to your favorite spot. The willow tree by the stream.

Hope y'all like it!