"Maybe. I guess I was a little shocked to see you teleport. Scared a human, didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. And if you don't mind, I would like you to leave me alone". I turn around and start walking away. "I think you need to spend more time in the light instead of the dark. You're going crazy".

"Be careful. People are looking for you". People are looking for me? What kind of psycho does he think he is? I ignore his comment. I walk into the first coffee shop I find and into the bathroom. I check every cubicle to make sure that no one is in before I teleport out.

When I first started teleporting, I ended up in weird places like the roof of the school, or a cupboard, or the shower at home. Sometimes I would end up in the men's locker room at the gym when really, I just wanted to get to the toilet. I finally got the hang of it, and now I can jump quickly from a small cubicle to my living room couch.

"Mom" I shout. "Is dinner ready?" I slump down on the couch and pick up the remote with my powers. I rely on my powers too much now.

"Rachael" my mom speaks up as she walks down the stairs and into the living room. "Aren't you supposed to be in school?" She stands right in front of the TV, his eyes staring me down. I try to look around her but she turns around and turns it off.

"No mom, I don't want to go. I need to get a job and start paying my dues. School isn't for me anymore" I say. I sigh and kick the remote off the couch, a way to defy her.

"Rachael Martin! Will you listen to me just this once young lady?" Here we go. She starts with the whole job thing and then she'll just get mad. She doesn't know what it's like, the school has changed a lot since her time. No, I've changed a lot. "You need to go to school to get qualifications to get a job if you failed to remember. Where did all this talk of 'school isn't for me' come from?" Parents never understand us, teenagers, half grown up, still a kid in some cases.

"Jared dumped me, okay. Are you happy I told you now?" I stand up. He dumped me because I told him I was a freak. I feel the anger rising inside of me. I've got to stay calm, last time I got angry my powers got way out of control and I got a loud ringing noise in my head that sent pain through my body. My only assumption of the cause was because I was punching someone so much that my powers reacted. Maybe, my powers are only to be used for good. "I just don't like school anymore."

"Rachael, I'm sorry". She sits down on the couch. "You're still going to school. You'll just have to get past this". I groan. I know I'm not going to reason with her, she's too stubborn. I stomp upstairs and into my bedroom. Stupid, stupid life. I could go on holiday anytime I wanted to with these powers yet I won't because I want to be human.

Humans don't teleport and listen to other people's thoughts. I hate being at school. All the snide remarks off people. They all think them. Look at the clothes she's wearing. What a waste of space. They all hate me for one thing or another. I don't get on with people, I never have. I'm different since I was born I have been different. Moving from one place to another with dad till he left us. Mom has finally settled down in this place. I like it but I'll always be the new girl who started this school halfway through the semester.

I pick up my laptop and click on Facebook. I text Jasmine, my friend. The only friend I've made since I started Scort High. I wait 5 minutes before shutting down my laptop and slide it back down beside my bed.

I should go to school, I think I'm more worried about Jared telling people I'm a freak. He wouldn't, he's not the type of guy, I hope. Maybe I should talk to him, explain to him that I wouldn't do anything to hurt him, to hurt anyone. I let a small tear trickle down my cheek. I rub it away, he's not worth it.

You're not safe. Come and find me.

Who was that? I'm going crazy again, I keep hearing voices. I stand up and walk over to my window. There's no one outside, no one watching me. The street is abandoned practically.

You're not crazy. Meet me at the subway.

No, I won't do it. I'm not going crazy, I'm not going crazy. I walk downstairs and out the door, ignoring mom's calls from the kitchen. Whatever she want's, I don't care. I'm in that type of mood where I won't listen to anyone.

I walk down the street and stand at the end of the road next to the bus stop. I would teleport but I just don't want to. The bus finally comes along. It says schedule, what schedule. Too early or too late or maybe once or twice, they're actually on time. There's a reason why I run to school. I get on and sit at the back away from everyone. It pulls to a stop outside the theatre and I jump out and walk along the street, just enjoying the warm air. Last time I was at the theatre was when Jasmine and I went for a night out. She had shown me around town.

I'm enjoying the sun, the cool sensation of the wind, the feeling of calming when I see Jared sitting at a cafe. I go to walk over to him, prepared to explain myself when I see him ask the waitress to sit down. Really, he's now flirting with a lass. I was only with him merely an hour ago. But then he's probably freaking out and doesn't know what he's doing. Or he does know what he's doing and all he is is a little rebound guy. I move my hand so his tea knocks over onto her. That will show him.

Get out of there!

What?! Suddenly I hear someone shout, "Get her!" I turn around to see a man in a black suit running towards me. Is this the FBI or something? I do the only thing I can think of, I start running down the street only to see another guy running towards me. What's happening? I quickly detour down the alleyway. Where should I go, where should I go? As the FBI comes around the corner, I feel arms around my waist, gripping my shirt before flashing into a bright light.

I slide across a floor and bump into something hard. Where am I? What actually happened? I look up to see a couch. I grab hold of the arm and pull myself up, my legs aching from being chucked across the floor. I look around the room. It's an old abandoned subway fitted out with a pool table some couches and other various things. Other people are sitting around looking at me oddly. I look forward to face a guy with blonde and brown short hair. He's wearing a black leather jacket and a blue t-shirt underneath with black pants and standing next to a young girl with long brown hair in a leather jacket.

"What am I doing here?" I ask. The boy walks closer to me.

"You're welcome". He walks past me acting so cool. I turn around. He can't just leave me with more questions.

"You're welcome for what? I was doing just fine on my own. Where am I?" I say. I walk up to him and yank him around to face me. "Take me back" I demand.

"I can't, you're a danger to our existence," he says firmly.

"I have a life. I need to go home" I shout. "This is practically kidnapping".

"Get over it; this is your life now". He pushes me backward and walks away. The other girl who was attached to him when I first stood up walked past me and followed after him. That's right, arf arf good little dog. People continued to stare at me.

"Have any of you got a problem? No then stop looking!" I shout. It's like I've got a sign above my head saying 'stare at me, I'm new'. I walk up the steps and turn to the right. I find a small spot between a locker and a wall and sit down. The floor is cold and sends chills up my spine. I pull up my knees and start crying. I rub my arms, trying to comfort myself, telling myself that this is all a dream. But it's not. The floor is cold on my bum, the boy who kidnapped me was real, his warm arm was real on my skin, those men who chased me were real and they were after me. I wish I could just go back to being normal.