Chapter 3: Isolation [Part 3]

Tessa wrenched herself away from the figure with a cry of shock and fear, not taking time to study him, only to be yanked back, a sharp pain tugging at her ankle. The girl looked down, dismayed to see that her ankle was cuffed to the bedpost at the foot of the bed, preventing her from moving far in any direction.

"I knew you would be a difficult one," came a metallic voice from the stranger, drawing Tessa's attention back to him. "So i took precautions."

"C-Chris this better not be one of your stupid-"

She was cut off by an amused, gravelly laugh as the intruder shook his head and advanced upon her with a tank in one hand and mask in the other. This was definitely not Chris. 

Tessa only had a brief few seconds to observe her attacker before her instincts kicked in. He was dressed in saggy denim overalls, big black boots and a grimy blue shirt underneath. The mask was truly disturbing; a pale face with black eye sockets and lips that seemed to have cracked off, baring the teeth and pink gums beneath. Long, greasy curly black hair protruded from the back of the mask and it was hard to tell whether it belonged to the maniac or was simply part of the mask.

What was most strange and disturbing, thought, was the small camera he had strapped to his chest. He was filming her struggle! For what, she had no idea, but it could not be good.

As the stranger neared, Tessa sent a quick swipe kick to the side of his head, knocking the man to the ground with a loud thud. This gave the girl precious second to tug at the cuff only to see that the man approached the dock on the other side of the room. He switched on the music and turned the volume up to full then, with ominous leisure, turned back and advanced once again.

It suddenly dawned on her that no one would come if they heard the commotion, thinking it was simply the music. She was on her own.

In her despair, Tessa had let the intruder get too close, and he sprang on her with a growl, knocking her back onto the bed and climbing on top of her as he tried to force the mask over her mouth and nose. But she fought, tossed her head from side to side with defiant snarls and managed to elbow him in the face and push him away with her knees. 

She used this time to grab firmly onto the suspended bars and hoist herself up. She gripped the handhold as support and proceeded to kick her attacker backwards so hard that he crashed against the wardrobe and the mask fell from his face.

Instead of wasting more time to look at his face, Tessa turned around and reached over to the other side of the bed, where she knew Hannah kept a sharp letter opener. It wasn't much but it would do.

The chain kept her from reaching the bottom draw properly and she knocked the lamp over in the attempt. Tessa groaned. Her fingers finally scraped the handle.

Suddenly, a rough hand on the back of her head slammed Tessa's head down onto the corner o the nightstand an caused her vision to swim. She tried to struggle, but by then the intruder had straddled her back and pulled both arms painfully behind her back. The exhausted girl howled in pain when the man pulled on her arms even more aggressively. The mask appeared in front of her eyes and all she could do was move her face to stay away from it. The mask retreated, only to be replaced by a hard fist to the side of her jaw. An, in that following dazed moment, the intruder held the mask to her face. She tried to hold in her breath but eventually Tessa had no choice but to inhale.

Slowly, her eyelids became heavy and all became black. The last thing she remembered seeing was another little camera peeking out of the bookshelf at her.

________________________________________________

When Tessa finally went limp in his arms, the man let go of her and let her arms and head slump to the bed. He carefully climbed back and went to turn off the music then unlocked the ankle cuffing locking her to the bed.