Chapter 9

I was walking downstairs with Noora when we saw Vilde and Eva. Vilde was talking "think about how perfect it would be if you were together with Chris and I was with William" Noora just shook her head, I could understand where Noora was coming from. Vilde needed to understand what was happening to her. 

"Vilde, seriously?" Noora marched down the stairs to where Eva and Vilde stood. "It was just a suggestion" Vilde said meekly "you can't walk around in that sweater and think you're going to be together with William" Noora pointed out, I thought she was being a tad bit harsh, I mean Vilde had to learn these things but Noora didn't have to be so harsh but I guess it'll be better for Vilde in the long run.

Noora pulled Vilde over to the window and started to point out all the girls William had slept with, Vilde was disbelieving at first "Vilde it's true, they all do it" I pointed out "look that girl over there slept with Robin and so did she" I pointed to two girls who were also wearing Penetrator hoodies. 

"You're walking around like some kind of trophy that belongs to William" Evan and I nodded "Vilde, you're not an object he can own, you're your own person and you're letting him take that away from you." I said, defiantly. Noora nodded "tomorrow give him the sweater back and take back your integrity" Vilde looked frightened "he's the loser not you" Eva pointed out.

We stood there in silence for a minute "I know that you should think if a guy doesn't like you, it's not you there's something wrong with, it's him, but how does one think like that?" I just looked at Vilde and the sadness on her face "I keep thinking there's something wrong with me" Noora pulled Vilde into a hug and Eva and I watched sympathetically. 

***********************

I sat at home, my books spread out over the dining room table, I was stressed again and I couldn't focus. I was staring off into space, focusing on nothing when the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door, opening it a crack. I saw Chris standing there, grinning and holding a math book. "Uuuh what are you doing here?" I kept my voice low as my parents were in the kitchen, making dinner. 

"I'm here to tutor you" he said as though it were obvious "ahhh you're here to what?" I had no idea what was going on. Chris looked exasperated "remember I told you I'd help you with your maths" I thought back to when I was having a minor melt down in the library "I thought you were only saying that to make me feel better" he rolled his eyes.

"Maddie who's at the door?" my host mum called from the kitchen "ah, no one" I called back "wrong house" I pushed Chris back and stepped outside to talk to him "so I'm no one now am I?" he laughed "sorry, I'm still grounded, I'm not supposed to have anyone over" I looked through the windows on either side of the door to make sure my parents aren't watching.

"How am I meant to tutor you then?" Chris asked, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. "You're not" I said slowly, Chris raised an eye brow at me "I'm not going anywhere until I've tutored you" he put his hands on his hips. I just laughed "alright fine" he looked at me in surprise "really? I thought you were going to tell me to fuck off or something" I shook my head "nah, I'm really stressed and I need a distraction."

He blinked "distraction?" a cocky grin spread over his features "ew no!" I guessed his thoughts and he pouted "alright fine, you going to let me in now" I thought about how I would get Chris inside "come with me." I grabbed his wrist and pulled him round to the side of the house "oh so we are going to..." Chris started talking but stopped when I stopped walking.

"Climb this and wait for me on that branch outside that window" I pointed, he just stared down at me 

"I.......what?"