5

I woke up the next day feeling nervous.
Who wouldn't.
I was going to meet my father who was an escaped convict.
I hurried to breakfast and sat down next to Alex and Seamus, who were having a very in depth conversation about whether Astronomy or Defence against the dark arts was a better subject.
I say conversation, more like argument.
I rolled my eyes at the quarrelling duo and struck up a conversation with Ginny about the Holly Head Harpies most recent victory.
Just as Ginny was comparing the two beaters on the team, George and Fred entered the room, accompanied by a blond haired girl called Sunny and Lee Jordan.
Me and George held a gaze but he looked away and sat down far away from me.
He had been avoiding me ever since he kissed me under the bridge, and to be honest it was getting on my nerves.
I was snapped out my thoughts by Ginny waving her hand in front of my face.
"Sorry zoned out for a second"
I said focusing again.
"Is everything ok?" she asked concerned.
"What I'm hmm, ugh yeah, I'm ok, gotta go to class, bye!" I blurted out.
I got up to leave when Ginny said.
"It's Saturday theirs no classes"
But I pretended not to hear her.
I entered the shrieking shack. He was their waiting. I didn't hesitate. I ran up to him and hugged him. He was surprised at first but he hugged me back.
"dad." I exclaimed
"Princess" he croaked.
His thoughts were the sweetest
Oh Thank Merlin, is it really her, I've missed her so much, she's so grown up, I can't believe I messed all of this up.
"Don't blame your self dad" I said.
"What how did you-" he started.
"Legilimency" I told him shrugging.
"Innocent Layla i swear" he pleaded and I could tell he was telling the truth.
"I believe you Dad, don't worry"
"Layla, I need your help." Said dad
catiously
"Anything dad." I said smiling
"I need you to help me clear my name." He said
"Ok, but first, tell me the whole story." I said.
And he did.
"Dad, of course I'll help you!"
He smiled at me.
"Dad, what was mum like?" I asked.
"Her name was Tamika, She was beautiful, she was gorgeous, she was funny, smart, tough, amazing.." he drifted off.
I grinned.
"You know, she reminds me a lot of you" he said causing me to smile.
"You better be off, I don't want you to get detention for being out after curfew." My dad said
"Bye dad!" I said
"Bye princess" he said kissing me on the forehead.
I left and started to walk back up to the castle, but I heard a noise.
The tussling of leaves.
At first I thought it was my dad, but I turned around and saw George standing there.
"Hey George" I said quietly.
"Heya Lay" he replied.
We stood in awkward silence until George said,
"Hey Layla"
"Yeah George?" I replied
"Well I um..ok, this is weird, your my little brothers friend, I'm 15, you 13, I shouldn't feel this way about you and-" he tried to explain.
"Oh for Merlins sake George, you have kissed my twice and then bloody ran away!, do like me or not?, make up your mind, this is getting in my nerves" I said frustrated and he looked shocked.
"Can I kiss you?" He asked.
I felt a blush creep up on my face and nodded.
I pressed his lips to mine, cupping my chin in his hand.
"You do know you're my girlfriend now"
I smirked and shook my head.
"Your a strange one Weasley" I told him and he chuckled.
"Very true Layla, very true"