Scotland Girls in France

"There's Mary!" Aylee, one of the five girls, exclaimed happily as the young Queen's carriage came to a halt in front of the castle.

Mary stepped out of her carriage and towards the girl's as they ran to her. Once they did reach her, they were unsure of what to do. They just simple curtsied to their queen until she opened her arms wide, inviting the girl's into a hug.

"We've missed you so much." Kenna explained as they all pulled apart, allowing Mary to look at her old friends.

"Oh, Kenna," Mary said, her voice filled with happiness, "Greer, Lola, Aylee. I'm so happy to see you." Mary turned to the final girl that surrounded her. The girl who had practically been her sister, Juliet Alton. "Juliet, we're all together again."

They all drew their attention to the people who were gathering around, waiting for the royal family of France to make an appearance. Greer instantly went to fixing Mary's hair. "Mary, your hair. Didn't the nuns teach you anything?"

Mary chuckled with the rest of the girl's before noticing the multiple chest that were being brought out. "Oh, Greer, those can't all be clothes."

"There's jewelry and silver, too. I'm making yo in volume for what I lack in station, I suppose."

The horn, symbolizing that the royal family was coming near, sounded and stopped the girl's reunion.

"That's King Henry, but...is that Catherine?" Mary asked, noticing the woman that stood beside the king. She was young, a lot younger than what Mary thought she would be.

"No, their still waiting on her." Kenna answered. "That's Diane de Portiers, the King's mistress. So the rumors are true."

"Unlike her, you'll have no trouble finding husbands here." Lola added."

"We'll certainly enjoy the hunt. What about you." Lola gave Kenna a look, almost telling her to drop the subject.

"Let me guess." Juliet spoke, unable to resist the urge to put in a sarcastic or inappropriate  comment. "It's about that boy from Aberdeen."

"Colin said he'd wait for me."

"Till when? We might never be back on Scottish soil, not if it all works out and Mary reigns here."

"What do you mean 'if'?" Aylee question the comment made from Greer.

"Make no mistake, we're here now to get our young queen in the game. Alliances can shift. Before they do, Mary needs to win the prince's heart."

A young man walked towards the King and his mistress, earning the girl's silence and their attention. Juliet rushed to her best friend's side while the girl's followed shortly behind. "Is that Francis? He's gorgeous."

"No that's not Francis. I know it isn't."

"Then that must be Sebastian." Kenna interrupted. "The King's bastard, Diane's son. I hear the king favors him."

Another horn went off and Queen Catherine stepped forward, soon after, Francis who walked towards the girls and their Queen. The girls, once again curtsied to show their respect for the prince.

"I don't believe it." Mary spoke in awe and amazement.

"Your Grace." Prince Francis tried to sound respectable to the young queen.

"No, call me Mary, please."

"Francis."

"The castle seems bigger. Is that possible? And you, too, of course." The girl chuckled, not so quietly, at Mary rambling.

"Is that such a surprise?"

"No. Especially since your legs were always longer than mine. You know, I hated that when we were young. I was always chasing after you, but now...now it suits you."

Francis offered his arm to the girl and allowed her to take it as he lead her away from her ladies and into the castle.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Bastards in Love. Sorry if updating is slow. I want to make sure people are actually gonna read this before I invest my time into this.

Love ya😘
Bye.