Chapter 13

Chapter13

"You're engaged?"

"To her?"

There was a slight commotion out front. I woke up with a strong hangover of déjà vu. Where had I heard all this before? Well, not this exactly, but the gist had been the same. Me with Erin inspired shock, outrage, and general disgruntlement.

I listened in to the heated exchange of words and was happy to note that it was not affecting me this time. I was secure in my affections for Erin and in his for me. I glanced down at the elegant rock that nestled in the ring on my finger. The sparkle lit just right in the afternoon sun. I yawned mightily. I could still use a couple of more hours of sleep, but I doubted I would be permitted the peace to do so.

So, I did what came naturally. I rolled out of bed and headed to the toilet to flush away my past and start a new beginning. I emerged out a moment later, freshly showered and invigorated. I felt ready to battle the world if need be. But I didn't have to. I had only to face Erin's parents and my own sister. All of whom hated me with a vengeance that defied reason.

But then, I could do handling the unreasonable. It was all I had been doing up 'til now.

I moved to Erin's walk-in robe and rummaged through it, looking for anything wearable—something that was preferably old and worn or at least not branded. But it was like looking for a coke in a tray carrying champagne. This guy didn't do inexpensive, so I did the only reasonable alternative; I dug around for an Armani shirt and tugged it on. Buttoning it up, I ignored the snug fit about my breast and hips. Not having a spare bra, I had to make do without.

I was rummaging in his drawer for his briefs when the door behind me flew open and almost off its hinges with the amount of unnecessary force behind it. I yelped and made to leap into the closet space and away from prying eyes.

A quick glance behind me showed it was only Erin—a very startled and transfixed looking Erin. I was momentarily glad to note I had offered up a suitable distraction that he no longer looked as angry as when he had first stormed in. But my heart thudded off beat at the glint of lascivious intent clear in his startling blue eyes.

"Stop staring at my bottom," I managed when my wildly pumping heart finally settled to a calmer beat.

"Don't straighten; just stay right as you are," said Erin as he turned on his megawatt smile that guaranteed to turn my knees to jelly.

I shot upright.

"Uh uh, now you're just asking for it." He tsk tsked my actions. I sighed in relief, happy to have playful Erin rather than the temperamental Erin who'd burst into the room.

"Am I? Just what am I asking for?" I turned to ask him cheekily.

"This," Erin muttered hoarsely. "You're begging for this," he said, running his hand down the front of his pants. I watched breathlessly as he unbuttoned the low-slung jeans riding on his hips as he did his sexy stalking toward me. I shivered in anticipation, licking my lips as he stuck his hand in to fist himself. I moaned out loud in anticipation and all but swung myself into his arms. I took over, holding and cupping him, drawing an outcry of excitement. His hands around me moved lower to settle on my ass, massaging each cheek roughly before wrenching them away. I cried out, wanting more, before the stinging smack landed on my behind, taking the wind out of me in shock.

"What was that for?" I gasped out finally, but he was already drawing me away from the wardrobe and toward his massive bed.

"I love your ass," he said, shrugging simply. "I am going to smack it because I love it, and then, I am going to fuck it," he breathed in my ear. My shivers of passion rivalled my outrage, but before I could say a word, I was upended over his knees.