Chapter one

"Cherrykit bet you can't catch me!" Amberkit mewed.
"I bet I can!" Cherrykit mewed, jumping on the ginger and white runt before she could take off.
      "No fair!" Amber mewed.
      "It was!"
      "Was not!"
      Snowpelt smiled. "It was fair my two kits. You must always be ready, Amberkit."
      Amberkit looked down. "Ok..." She looked at Cherrykit. "I bet I can catch you!"
"Can not!" Cherrykit mewed running off.
Amberkit chased her sister. Cherrykit ran all around camp, causing a lot of noise. Amberkit was slowly falling behind.
"CloudClan is attacking!"
      The sisters gasped as CloudClan headed towards the camp.
Warriors and apprentices ran towards the cats. Snowpelt shoved her kits into the nursery.
      Cherrykit hid along side Amberkit. A CloudClan warrior made it to the nursery.
      "Make yourself look normal." Cherrykit mewed.
      "What?" Amberkit mewed confused.
      "Stand up tall, don't make yourself look like a runt." The ginger and white kit mewed. "I'll make myself look a runt."
      "Oh so this one has a plan?" The CloudClan tom mewed, clawing at the ginger she-cat.
      Cherrykit jumped back, not in time though. The tom had left a scar over her eye.
Ashclaw jumped on the warrior, pulling him out of the nursery.
"Run CloudClan! Run!" The leader, Silverstar, yowled. Her cats now fleeing.
Without those two in the nursery, the twins looked out. Snowpelt was laying down.
      Cherrykit walked over to her and poked her multiple times.
      "She's dead..." Reedfur, the Medicine Cat, mewed. He laid down sadly grieving for Snowpelt's death.
Would mommy be alive if he became a warrior? Cherrykit asked herself.