Malfoy Happened

Zacznij od początku

         “Well, no matter how you feel about him Miss Granger, you will have to deal. You two are sharing a room during the next year, whether you like it or not. Your room is placed on the fifth floor behind the painting of the talking cat, if you know which one I’m talking about?” we both nodded, “the password will be ‘Remembrance’. It’s a fairly easy one to remember, don’t you think?” she added with a little smile. “You will now have to go meet up with the Prefects and talk to them about patrolling the hallways for the rest of the ride to Hogwarts. When we get to Hogsmeade Station, it is the two of you who will have to guide the students to the carriages…” McGonagall kept talking about all of their duties. When she was done, I hurried out of the compartment and back to my own, where Ron was sleeping and Harry was sitting with Ginny talking quietly. They took one look at me when I got back, and realized that something was wrong.

         “Hermione? What happened? You look like you just saw the devil or something!” Ginny exclaimed and stood up from her seat next to Harry.

         “Malfoy was chosen Head Boy.” I choked out and Ginny gasped, “I have to live with that devil for a whole year!” I complained loudly and Ron woke up.

         “Jeez, Hermione. Keep your voice down, will you? I was sleeping you know!” he muttered, annoyed with me.

         “I don’t care Ronald. I have my own problems now!” I sneered at him. He looked at me, finally realizing that something was not right.

         “What happened?” he asked carefully, mimicking his sister words. I sighed and sat down next to him.

         “Malfoy happened.” I growled. He looked confused so Ginny filled him up. When she had finished she looked at her watch, gasping.

         “Uhm, Hermione. Aren’t you supposed to meet with all the prefects now?” she asked. I slapped myself mentally, how could I forget. I thanked her for reminding me and ran off to the Prefects’ Carriage where Malfoy and all the prefects were already waiting for me.

         “You’re late.” Malfoy said, his tone more surprised than anything else. He confused me, I didn’t say anything to him but I apologized to the group of students.

         “Okay, new prefects and old prefects, you all have to do the same thing. As you probably know, you will have to patrol the train today. When we get to the school, you will have to patrol the hallways and corridors. If you find anyone breaking curfew, escort him or her to the appropriate common room. If you feel the need, you are allowed to take points from students in your own house. You are all allowed to use the Prefects’ Bathroom; it is placed as always on the fifth floor tower hospital corridor. The password this year is ‘Bubbles’. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask Miss Granger or myself.” Malfoy said with great authority. I was secretly glad he was there; I hadn’t really been listening to the things McGonagall had been saying. Some of the fifth years prefects asked a few questions and Malfoy answered. After a while all the prefects left to patrol the train. Malfoy and I were to stay in this compartment for the rest of the train ride, to talk about our new ‘jobs’ as Head Prefects. But none of us said anything.

I had sat down by the window, avoiding his gaze I just stared out of the window. I could feel his eyes were on me the whole time though.

         “What happened to us, Hermione?” he asked carefully after an hour of silence. I felt something tugging inside of me, wanting to answer him, but I ignored the feeling, “We used to be friends.” He whispered. When I still didn’t answer him, he sighed and left the compartment. I counted to 10 before looking at the door. He was gone, so I left too going back to my friends. They all looked curiously at me when I got there, but I waved off their questions avoiding the subject of Draco Malfoy.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malfoy and I guided the students to the carriages, and got on the last ourselves. Just the two of us. I was finally able to see the thestrals that pulled the carriages. I was a little happy about it, since it had been scary riding in some horseless carriages, but at the same time I knew I was only able to see them because I had witnessed death. I still kept my eyes away from Malfoy, even though it was hard with him sitting just across from me.

         “They look scary. Don’t you think?” he suddenly said, “The thestrals… I haven’t been able to see them before.” He continued, that got my attention and I looked at him. Shocked. I had thought he would have seen them a bunch of times. He was a bloody Death Eater for crying out loud. He seemed to notice my shock, and he looked me in the eyes.

         “Dumbledore was the first person I saw being killed.” He admitted while looking me straight in the eyes.

My breath caught in my throat, I had forgotten how gorgeous his eyes were. The grey pools stared right into mine, I had to fight am urge to smile. I finally looked away and looked down. Never uttering a word to him.

We arrived at the school and were the last ones to enter the Great Hall, before the first year student walked in. The sorting was quick, and the feast began. I realized how starving I was, and began to eat. But during the feast I kept having the feeling of someone watching me, and I was pretty sure who it was.

After the feast the prefects led the students to the common rooms, and I began walking towards my new room. I was standing on the fifth floor, in front of the huge painting of the fluffy white cat – which reminded me of Crookshanks except for the color – when I heard someone walking up to me. I didn’t need to turn around to know who it was.

         “What are you waiting for?” he drawled, obviously getting tired of me ignoring him and of this whole day.

         “Remembrance.” I said clearly, the cat purred and opened to us. So we could get into our new Common Room. I walked in first.

The room was huge, looking a lot like the Gryffindor common room. There were giant bookcases everywhere – yes, of course that’s the first thing I noticed – a fireplace, with a couch and some big, comfy-looking chairs around it. In one of the corners of the room there were a big table with four chairs, which would a good place for homework. The colors in the room were dark and warm. Brown, reddish, green, a mixture of our two houses, and it actually looked good together. I noticed the two doors in opposite sites of the room, each one leading in to one of our rooms. I walked over to one of them and opened it.

It led me to a room filled with the colors green and silver. Not wanting to see his room, I closed the door quickly, and then walked to the other door. My own room was filled with the gorgeous Gryffindor colors red and gold. My stuff was already brought up here, so I began unpacking while marveling over my new room. I had a huge bed, it was twice as big as the old one I had back home. I also had a huge wooded dresser with a full-sized mirror on the side. Another door led out of the room and into my own bathroom. In there I found a shower, a huge tub, and – obviously – a toilet. By the sink laid a bunch or red towels. I was so excited over having my own room and bathroom that I didn’t hear Malfoy coming in here.

         “Granger…” he sneered behind me, I turned around just in time to see him closing the door behind him. Bloody hell, why did I leave my wand in my room? I swallowed in fear and backed up against the wall. I was terrified of the man standing in front of me. He was a Death Eater who hated muggles, and I was now locked with him in my bathroom without my wand. But then his expression changed. He looked at me with sad eyes.

         “We need to talk.” He said.

(A/N The video on the side --> is actually what made me become a Dramione fan 3 years ago :) I still love it so much! haha. Well, I hope you liked this chapter. Please VOTE/COMMENT!)