First Kiss and New Crush

I had been invited over Casey's house to work on our project and was kind of discouraged to find Matthew there with Karen. As soon as she saw me she asked her brother, "What is she doing here?"

"Easy Karen, she's just helping me out with our book report." He turned to me, holding out his hand, "Come on we'll go upstairs to my room."

I smiled taking his hand as he led me upstairs, turning back to Matt and Karen, "See you guys later."

We spent about an hour helping each other out with our respective projects when there was a knock on the door. Matthew peeked his head in, "Hey, do you guys need a break?"

I looked at Casey who shrugged, "Sounds like a good idea, what were you thinking?"

I got a call from Emma, "Hello? Emma what's wrong?"

"Did Cleo tell you she was dating Zayn?"

"What? Cleo? Our Cleo dating Zayn Bennet? Where on earth would you get that idea?"

"We just saw them together leaving the Marine Park. We are meeting her at Mako Island tonight to talk about it. We need you to come too."

I looked up at the two boys, "Look, Em, I think you might be overreacting, but if you insist, I'll be there but I'm going to be a little late, ok?"

"Ok, bye Maddie."

"Bye." 

I hung up and Matthew asked, "Another emergency?"

I shook my head, "No, it's probably nothing, just girl trouble." I looked between the two, "So, what were we thinking?"

Casey answered, "Well Matthew here wants to take my sister to the Marine Park, but I just want to go hang out at the beach. What do you want to do?"

My eyes widened a bit, "Um, both places involve water, so as long as I don't have to get anywhere near it, I'm fine with either."

Matthew smiled smugly at Casey, "Well, that means two votes for the Marine Park, one vote for the beach, and one vote for nothing. Looks like we are going to the Marine Park."

W arrived at the Marine Park and I was volunteered to hold everyone's stuff while they went on rides. However, despite that ruling, Casey refused to leave my side, keeping me company while the other two went on rides.

He was really charming and very attentive to my feelings. After a bit we played some carnival games and at a soccer based game Casey won me a giant, blue, stuffed dolphin.

After a bit the boys left me alone with Karen, to get food, and she turned, saying, "I know what you're trying to do and it's not going to work."

I scoffed, "Look I don't know what you're talking about."

"My brother; hello! Do you really think that dating my brother will make me upset, so that I won't be able to focus on Matthew? That's weak and desperate, Madeleine, and I have a feeling you already know that."

I smirked, getting up, "I don't have to sit here and take this from you. Yes, it may have started out that way, but I really like him and I will keep to our deal and stay as far away from you as I can get." I grabbed my stuff, "Tell the boys that I left, I've got somewhere to be."

I stomped away from Karen, making my way out of the Marine Park. "Maddie! Hey! Wait up!"

I turned to see Casey chasing after me, "Hey, why are you leaving? Was it something my sister said? Because I can tell her to leave you alone an she'll listen to me."

I looked into his dark brown eyes and said, "Look, Casey, you're a really great guy and I know you're going places so I don't want you to waste your time with me. I have to go meet my friends, so I'll see you later."

"Wait," Casey said, grabbing my arm and bringing me back to look into his eyes, "you were never a waste of time. In the short time that I've known you, you have been nothing but charming and sweet." Before I knew what was happening, Casey's lips were on mine and I actually kissed back! "I really like you, so don't ever say that to yourself, ok? I'll see you later, yeah?"

I nodded as he jogged away, "Yeah, I hope we will."

I arrived at Mako Island after dropping off my stuff at home. Rikki, Emma, and Cleo were already there. Rikki began, "Good now that we're all here; Cleo we know about you and Zayn."

"Have you been spying on me?"

"No," Emma answered, "Well, yes, but we had to. How could you keep such a big secret from us?"

"It's not a secret," Cleo answered, "Why would it be a secret?"

"Then why didn't you tell us?" Rikki questioned

"What's the big deal, it's not like he's going to find anything on sea monsters is it?"

"What?" Emma asked clearly confused

I just sat back, smirking to myself, kind of paying attention but also lost in La-la-land after that kiss. Cleo explained, "I didn't realize he was still trying to track down that creature that saved his life. Otherwise I wouldn't have let him do his research there."

"What?!" both the blondes asked.

I spoke up swimming into the middle of the pool, "Cleo, these two were under the impression that you and Zayn were dating, however it has now come to light that you were only talking to Zayn because he wanted access to the Marine Park archives to see if he could find anything on the thing that saved his life." I turned to Emma, "I told you, that you were overreacting, Cleo would never go out with Zayn Bennet. Now that we've cleared that up, can I go?"

I made my way to the exit when Rikki asked, "Hold on a minute, where do you have to be all of a sudden?"

I shrugged, "Nowhere." After a lot of long stares, I caved, "Alright, fine, I had my first kiss today."

"What?!" all three of them screamed

I grinned, "Yeah, it was really sweet and he was great too, although his twin sister is a bit of a priss."

"Hold up," Rikki said, "Who are we talking about here?"

"Casey York, our school's goalkeeper. We've been hanging out ever since his sister, Karen, threatened to pour water on my for hanging out with Matthew."

After explaining the whole story, Rikki commented, "That girl sounds horrible, but I'm glad that you've found someone new."

"Yeah, it's really great!" Cleo congratulated 

Emma took my hand, "Just remember to keep your wits about you, ok?"

"I will Emma, goodnight guys."

I swam home and climbed into bed, wrapping my arms around the stuffed dolphin Casey won for me and closed my eyes to sleep. The next day I got an emergency text from the girls claiming Cleo eloped with Zayn only to rush to get ready and reach the Maine Park to find the whole conflict resolved.