Chapter One

I sprinted out of my house as fast as I could, not looking back to see if I even closed the door. I can't believe I over slept. I mumbled to myself as I struggled to adjust my belt. As I reached the bus stop, I saw the bus pulling away. The bus's speed increased and began to slowly shrink into the distance. I pulled my black, fabric eyepatch out of my pocket and put it around my left eye. I took a leap into the air and landed on all four. I ran faster and faster until I began to reach the tail of the bus. I saw an open window. "HEY!" I called out. Mario's blue eyes appeared and looked down at me. "Wolf? What are you doing?" He called out. "I'll explain if you let me in moron!" I panted harder and harder as I kept my speed with the bus. Mario disappeared and soon the window opened. A large, yellow scaled arm appeared. I looked up at it and quickly got to my legs, reaching for the hand. With ease, Bowser had pulled me into the bus. I panted as I sat on the seat next to Bowser and Metaknight. "You look like crap." Bowser said. I gave him a glare and punched his arm. He didn't flinch. "I got to bed late last night and slept through my alarm. I realized I was running late and just threw on whatever I saw. I didn't have time to grab breakfast or even brush my hair and," I sighed. "I just didn't get enough sleep." I combed my fingers through my hair and lied my head back. The bus continued to drive for what seemed like days but when I woke from my nap, Bowser had informed me that it'd only been a two hour drive. I stretched and popped my neck. I followed everyone out of the bus and looked up at the large stadium. The tournaments were coming to a start and I was sure to put all my effort into these last few battles. I'm not going to let myself lose this opportunity. Bowser pushed me aside as he stepped off the bus. "You ready for the tournament, bud?" I looked up at him. A close friend of mine and I'd have to battle him with all my strength eventually. Not just for the fun of it but for my survival in the world of smash. I looked back at the stadium. "'Course I am. What makes you think I'm not ready?" I chuckled. Another bus soon arrived and many more people began to depart from the vehicle. I saw Fox and Falco step off, talking to each other. I rubbed the back of my neck. "I'll be back." I said to Bowser and he gave a simple nod in return. I walked over to Fox and Falco. Fox looked over Falco's shoulder and stopped talking. "Hey Wolf." He said. Falco turned his head and looked at me. He turned around and folded his arms. "Hey guys." I, again, rubbed the back of my neck. I looked down and felt my face warm up. The embarrassment I was feeling would be noticeable if I had looked at them straight in the eye. I cleared my throat. "You guys ready for the tournament?" I looked up at them and shoved my hands into my pockets. "Totally! Falco and I were just talking about who we think will make it to the next smash." Fox seemed very excited, a little too excited. Falco, on the other hand, looked as serious as usual. "I was telling Fox here that he and I will most definitely make it through. Master Hand does like to keep in the mains of our own worlds, you know." I gave him a glare. Falco never liked me and my friends back in Corneria. He doesn't like Panther in particular. "What's that supposed to mean?" I growled a bit. "I'm just saying," Falco rolled his eyes. "Maybe you won't make it maybe you will. Personally, I prefer you not make it." I pulled my hands out of my pockets and turned around. "I'll see you later." I said and I walked back to my bus, hands clenching hard. I could feel my own claws digging into my hand. When I returned, I saw everyone in a line reaching into the bottom storage area of the bus. Everyone was pulling out their suitcases. My ears fell back and my tail hung low. "My luggage." I said aloud in a low voice. I saw King DeDeDe looking at me. After grabbing his stuff he came up to me. "You know Wolf," he placed his large hand on my shoulder. "After we get to our hotels I could take you to get some stuff." "You're not the only King here with money, Triple D." Bowser walked up to us with his own stuff. "You guys, I don't need to get anything. I just feel really stupid having been late and forget my stuff." "Oh stop trying to sound like you don't need us." Ganadorf came from the side. He looked down at me. I looked up at him. I didn't like being the short one from the group of my friends. I'm normally quite tall but when I came to the world of Smash I found these guys. We quickly became friends but because I'm shorter than all of them, they all treat me like the runt of villains. I rolled my eyes. "Alright fine, we'll get some clothes and a toothbrush later today and then we—" "Clothes and a toothbrush?" Bowser laughed and both Ganon and DeDeDe joined him. I folded my arms and huffed. It was going to be a very long three months.