Chapter 34: You're Too Dense

You’ll always be special to me. That line got stuck to my head.

I closed my eyes.

Today is January 10th. First day of school for this year 2012.

I arrived at school 20 minutes earlier and went straight to the classroom.

After putting down my bag, I went to the school’s garden to clear my head.

I sat down at the bench and sighed.

Why does life have to be this way?

I grabbed a pen and started writing the paper I have in my pocket.

I’m sorry, Dayne.

After writing for who knows how long, someone patted my shoulder.

I turned and saw Leonard.

“What’s up?” He asked seating next to me.

I sighed.

“Hmpf. I was right.” He said.

“What?” I asked hidding the note in my pocket.

“Is this about Dayne?” He asked.

“How’d you know?”

“I can see it through your eyes.” He said as he bent his head a little and made his face closer to mine.

I can feel my stomach getting tighter and my breath stopping.

I was too shocked to reply so I just stared at him.

“Hmpf. Let’s go back now.” He said as he suddenly stood up and let out his hand. “Come on lazy girl.” He said laughing.

“Whatever.” I said and slapped his hand and went out of the garden with him.

Classes was about to start when we entered and we went to our respective seats.

Give it or not?

I waited for the bell to ring and when it rang, I grabbed Dayne.

“Here. I’m sorry.” I said and tears started to fall.

“Hu-huh? Wa-wait!” He said as I let go of his hands and ran out.

Dayne Clinton

What’s this?

I opened the note.

Dear Dayne,

I hope you won’t hate me for this.

I’m sorry, I really am.

When I told you that I like you, I was serious. That wasn’t some joke.

After the accident thing, my heart ached whenever I saw you, I didn’t know why.

I thought that I was just hurt because you rejected me but when you told me you liked me back..

I didn’t felt happy. I felt..irritated.

Why me Dayne? Why not just go back to Elaine? Isn’t she the one you like? She’s just like that because she waited for you.. Then you fell for another.

When Leonard asked me if I still liked you, in my head, I was answering yes. Because that was what I thought. But what came out of me was no.

Dayne, I still care for you. You’re still my best friend.

But.. I guess we’re not meant for each other. I’m so sorry Dayne..I’m so sorry..

Thank you for everything..

-Sapphire

I stared at it. I didn’t know what to react.

I’m not angry with her. I’m also not happy with what I read. I’m sad but not to the point of I wanted to cry.

Elaine? I got over her. Something tells me she’s not the one. Yes, she’s still cute and I thought about this for a long time if I wanted to go back to her. But all I wanted was Sapphire.

I’m not obssessed. But she’s the one I need in my life.

Her smile. Her laugh. Her personality. Sapphire.

I just want to shut my eyes and pretend this isn’t happening.

Sapphire Stone

He might not talk to me after this. And I’m ready for that consequence.

I cried and cried at the school’s garden. I cried out loud as I could.

The pain was too much to bear.

Hurting him wasn’t what I wanted.

I’m sorry..

“Why are you crying?”

“Huh?” I turned back to see who said that and saw Elaine.

“Nothing.” I said.

“I saw Dayne with a paper and I could see sadness from him. The paper was from you right?” She asked.

“Kill me if you want. I don’t care. I had to tell him before he expects anything from me.” I said.

“Well, I could kill you now..but that would make the fun lessen. Plus, I decided to give up on Dayne.” She said.

“Then why are you here? It’s really impossible for you to come and comfort me right?” I said.

“You’re smart.” She smirked. “You’re just too dense.”

“Dense? I don’t get it.” I said.

“You’ll see.”

Then she left.

Dense in what? I don’t get it.

I decided to go home.

I decided to go to my locker to leave some things and leave.

I arrived at my locker.

“Sapp-mm!” I heard a voice.

I turned around and saw Leonard.

Leonard kissing with Elaine.