(Y/N) sighed, as she stepped in between her two bickering friends.

"Okay, morons. We need to hurry, or we'll be late for homeroom." She said. Eishun scoffed, followed by a groan and an annoyed eye roll.

"Yeah. It'd be terrible to miss all of the clichéd 'so, what did you do over winter break?' questions." He stated, sarcastically. Chiyo snorted.

"Oh, please. No one is going to ask you what you did, because everyone knows you just sat in the dark playing video games the entire time." She teased, with a playful grin.

"Better than being a lonely, annoying, asshole, who's life is so boring, she has to live through her friends to get any sort of excitement." The brunette bluntly replied, with an uninterested expression. Chiyo was about to shoot another insult at him, before a hand covered both her and Eishun's mouth.

"Okay, okay. We get it. You both are clever insult makers that hate each other, with a passion. Can we please go to school, now?" (Y/N) asked, desperate to make it on time.

"Phew! We made it!" Chiyo said, breathing heavily from the seven minute run to the school. The three friends were standing in the front hallway of their school, after just running for a full seven minutes, to make it on time. Chiyo coughed violently, as she rested her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

"Don't do that, idiot. It'll be harder to catch your breath." Eishun stated, his protective mothers instinct kicking in. "Here, do this." He straightened Chiyo's back and pulled her hands behind her head. "There, now just stay like that, until you've caught your breath." He said, backing away from the light brown haired girl. Chiyo flashed him a grin.

"Aww, you care." She teased. Eishun rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands into his hoodie pockets, refusing to respond. (Y/N) sighed with relief, after seeing that they still had twelve minutes to spare. "Oh my god, we're never doing that again!" Chiyo said, still struggling to catch her breath.

"Agreed." (Y/N) replied, trying to walk on her unsteady legs. "My legs feel like jello." She said. Chiyo responded with a laugh.

"You two really need to work out more often." Eishun stated. Chiyo stared at the taller male, with a blank expression.

"Work out?" She repeated, curiously. "Is that a food?" She said, obviously joking, as (Y/N) burst out into laughter.

"I've never heard of it-" The girl was cut off, after colliding with something. She let out a small 'omph', as her face pressed against a firm chest. She immediately backed away from the person to apologize.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry!" She said, looking up to see who she had collided with. The stranger looked at her with an unreadable expression. He was rather tall, with an above average build. He had chocolate brown hair and flint colored eyes. He stared at the girl in front of him in silence, before blinking and bringing himself back to reality.

"Uh, its-its okay." The tall boy stated. "Hey, uhm, do-do I know you from somewhere? What's your name?" He asked, sounding slightly anxious.

"Oh, um, (Y/N) (L/N). I don't think we've met. What's y-" The girl's sentence was cut short by her small friend tugging at her sweater sleeve.

"(Y/N), only seven more minutes. We need to hurry!" Chiyo said, trying to pull her friend along.

"O-Oh, yeah! Sorry, but I need to go." (Y/N) said, as she finally allowed her friends to drag her down the hallway.