Chapter 29 × Prom ×

Sonata's POV

After Robin left, Starfire turns to me.

"You and I both agree that Robin should not attend that prom, am I correct?" 

"Very Correct." I said nodding.

"Then it is settled. You will have to go and be his aid." 

"An aid?" I ask confused.

"Yes. An aid." Starfire said nodding.

"And how do you suppose I do that?" I ask.

"Simple. You will go to this prom and investigate the female Kitten, while I will help the team find this Killer Moth." Starfire said.

"Sounds good to me but why don't you do it? I know you want to so why me?" I ask.

I know deep down I don't want her to be alone for Robin too long but still why isn't she picking herself?

"It is because he trusts you so much. Which makes you being able to stay if caught." Starfire said.

"But he trusts you more. You've been with him long enough to gain his full trust." I said.

"That is correct but...the faces he keeps giving you are faces he never gave to any of us." Starfire said.

"Making it seems he completely trusts you. Even more perhaps." 

"Starfire..." 

The look on her face...I can't understand...

It's like she sounds sad but her face...looks content...

"Now then." Starfire said and clasps her hands together.

"If this Prom is certainly a date. Then you must look nice." Starfire said smiling.

A smile I know too well.

"No. You are not--" I said but was cut off by Starfire grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room.

Starfire flies me across the halls until we stop at her room.

"You may enter." Starfire said smiling.

The two of us enter her room together and might I say. Her room is very pink.

"Please have a seat." Starfire said while she flies to her closet.

I take a seat on top of her bed while watching her throw numerous clothes out.

"In a prom what do girls usually dress in?" Starfire asks.

"Dresses and heels." I said.

After a while of shuffling Starfire comes out with a pile of clothes in hand.

"You must try all these!" Starfire said excitedly.

"Uh Star...that's a lot." I said feeling myself sweat just by looking at it.

"Do not worry. For I shall assist you." 

Starfire leads me to her tall mirror and shoves one dress after another.

"How about this?"

"Too long."

*Shuffle*

"This one?"

"Too puffy."

*shuffle*

"This one?"

"Too complicated."

*Shuffle*

"This is the last dress that resides in my closet." Starfire said showing me a knee length dress .

with a black sleeveless top a pink ribbon on top of the pink skirt and a pair of closed heels that weren't too high and has a ribbon on top.

"That looks good." I said giving her a thumbs up.

I wasn't looking for a dresses design.

Just the comfort and wither or not it can be used in a fight.

I put the dress on and afterwards Starfire starts putting makeup and doing my hair.

"Starfire can I say something?" I said.

"Yes you may." 

I may be living in this planet but...this is the first prom I might actually got to." I said.

"Do not worry. For this is my first time knowing of such activity." Starfire said smiling and continues.

After a while. She was done.

"There. Now even a glorthog will fall to your knees." Starfire said.

"Glorthog?"

"Yes it is a tamaranian term." 

"Oh right." I said.

"Now come. We must leave before the prom begins!" Starfire said.

I grab Starfire's hand as she flies out of the tower and to the prom.

Robin's POV

< At the Prom venue >

When I got to the place the prom was being held, students were taking pictures of themselves with their date or were getting on the boat.

*Sigh*

'I really hope she doesn't show.'

And I feel bad for leaving Sonata with the others.

I know she was jealous but the city was endanger.

I just hope she'll forgive me after.

'Maybe I can buy her a new guitar? Yeah. That could work!'

While I was lost in my thoughts there was a sudden tap on my shoulder.

'Damn it. She's here. Better get this over with.'

I slowly turn around but instead of seeing Kitten there was---

"Sonata?"

Sonata was wearing a wearing a dress and heels. Not to mention her hair not in their usual style and she was wearing make-up.

Call me cheesy but with a girl like her, I don't regret anything except. I'm not her date for tonight...

"W-What are you doing here?" I stutter feeling the heat come to my face.

"Shouldn't I be here?" Sonata asks.

Sonata walks closer to me and places a corsage on my suit.

"There. Looks better now does it?" Sonata asks flashing her signature grin.

"Sonata. You were supposed to be helping the others track down killer moth." I said.

"You said to investigate the girl and I plan to. Personally." 

"Besides, knowing you. You might get your butt in trouble leaving me to save it." Sonata said putting a hand on her hip.

I was about to make a comeback at her, when a car horn stops me.

Just then a pink limo arrives catching everyone's attention.

The limo's door opens to reveal my...date...

"Yooohoooo! Robypoo~~ Your kitten has arrived! Meow~~" Kitten said in her obnoxious voice.

On second thought. Maybe I do need saving.