Fighting For Love

Start from the beginning

"Like what you see?" He smirks as he pulls a clean shirt from his drawer and slips it on.

"I'm not going to deny it." You sigh and shrug.

He chuckles breathlessly as he pulls on some slacks and does up his belt. "Alright let's go. I don't know about you but I'm starving."

"I think that's the best thing you've said all day." You nod in agreement and jump up.

The ride to the diner is quick but enjoyable. With the wind blowing through your hair and Bucky's arm slung around the back of your seat it is both relaxing and comfortable.

As you walk into the diner Bucky slips his hand into yours out of habit and you look up at him smiling. The doorbell rings as you enter and the low hum of conversation washes over you. You scan the room for a spare booth but you stop short on a particular figure at the counter.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me," you mutter.

"What is it?" Bucky frowns.

"Look who's here." You huff and point inconspicuously in the direction of where Dean is sitting, sipping on a cola.

"Is he serious?" Bucky says frustratedly.

"I shouldn't be surprised." You groan.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?" Bucky asks just as Dean turns around and acts shocked to see you.

"No it's fine, in fact we could have some fun with this." You turn your back so that you're facing Bucky. "Don't look at him."

"What are you thinking doll?" He smirks intrigued.

"Just go with it." You raise your eyebrows cunningly.

You lead him right over to the table tjat is situated perfectly right behind Dean and act like you don't see him.

"Ahahaha Bucky your so funny!" You laugh loudly and obnoxiously.

"What are you up to missy?" Bucky mumbles quietly and frowns.

Reaching across the table you intimately stroke Bucky's forearm that is resting on the bench top and motion to him to act all over each other. Out of the corner of your eye you can already see Dean discretely looking at the two of you, clenching his fists in frustration.

"Oh I love you so much!" You coo.

"Well I love you more." Bucky says huskily.

"No I love you more!" You insist cheesily.

"Oh come 'ere doll." Bucky smiles and leans across the table to kiss you.

You make sure it is big and loud and obnoxious so that Dean knows all about it.

"(Y/N)!" He butts in urgently. "Would you like me to by you a drink?"

Bucky stiffens and his eyes go cold at this.

"Oh hey Dean fancy seeing you here!" You exclaim cheerfully, turning to him acting surprised.

"Yeah well when you guys mentioned coming here I decided that I really felt like a milkshake." He shrugs trying to act cool.

Yeah right you fucking stalker creep. You think to yourself.

"But your drinking a cola?" Bucky states flatly.

You discreteley kick him in the shins.

"Oh isn't that funny!" You chuckle. "Right Bucky?"

"Just hilarious." He says sarcastically with a wry smile, finally catching on. "But you know what I find even more funny? The fact that you think that you could ever have a chance of getting back with (Y/N). A girl like her is way out of your league and you'd be lucky to get a girl half as good as her." He adds warningly through gritted teeth. "The fact that you'd try to steal her when she's clearly already on a date proves what a dick you are."

"Excuse me?" Dean scoffs and stands up.

"You heard me." Bucky glares and copies Dean, hovering over him easily a few inches taller.

Dean visibly swallows and seems to shrink back scared.

"A-ah I better get going." He stutters and starts to speed walk away.

"Aw hey but Dean!" You call after him.

He turns on his heel sheepishly.

"If you're offering to pay for my drink feel free!" You joke.

"Yeah mine too!" Bucky teases.

Dean doesn't answer, just hurriedly exits the diner.

                                ~~

You and Bucky are still laughing on the drive home about what just happened.

"You're not normally that handsy." Bucky remarks as he lays a gentle hand on your thigh. "I liked it."

"That was fun, and not just the bit where we got rid of my annoying ex boyfriend." You giggle and lean back on the head rest contently.

"I'm glad you had fun doll, so did I." Bucky smiles, leaning across the car to quickly kiss you on the lips.

"Oh look! Speak of the devil, that's his house." You laugh pulling away.

Suddenly Bucky comes to a halt and toots his horn twice loudly.

"What are you doing?" You chuckle amused.

"Just making sure he got the message." He smirks.

Dean comes out of his apartment looking confused but when his eyes land on the two of you in Bucky's car his face falls solemn.

"Hey Dean! Just to be clear, she's all mine!" Bucky shouts. "And of you've got a problem with that you better bring it up with me."

He then leans across the car to you again and kisses you with so much force and passion that it leaves you breathless. When he eventually pulls away you just see Dean storming inside the house and slamming the door.

"Finally." You groan and flop back in the seat.

"Think he understood?" Bucky grins.

"Loud and clear." You sigh contently.