Chapter 9: Ties to strong

Comenzar desde el principio

Her lips were soft and warm against his. Her hands rested against his chest and Eric let his wonder through her hair and around her back to keep her close and ensure no harm could fall on her.  When they parted lips Anne with her deep sapphire blue eyes whispered to him “I couldn’t wait for you to make the first move any longer”.  In response Eric cupped her head in his hands and kissed her again.

Since that night they spent most of the time Anna came over kissing. “You know out of all the girls in Tuscin you’re the only one I really noticed, and Georgia but that’s only because she nearly bashed my skull in with her hammer in the arena.” Eric said.

“Really?”Smiled Anna. “Guess I don’t have to worry about you running off on me then.”

“Never” Eric whispered leaning and kissing her on the check.

“Eric!  Eric!” 

The bedroom door flew open and Caleb burst into the room. His face red and breathing heavily supporting himself against the wall.  “Eric quick you have to hurry Vin...” Caleb cut off mid sentence when he seen Anna lying against Eric.

“Vincent what; Caleb?” Anna said, keeping her eyes on him the whole time.

Straightening up until he stood as tall as he could Caleb finished his sentence in a more stiff voice “Vincent said that he needed to see you now! Downstairs.”    

“What is it?” Eric asked

“Don’t know, he wants to tell you in person” Caleb said leaving Eric’s bedroom.

Eric was at the door before he realised he had forgotten Anna. “Coming or not, Annabel” Eric said foundly using Anna’s full name that only her parents and sister used, because she prefers her friends call her  Anna; but her family  couldn't break the habit of calling her by her full name.

Lifting a pillow she throws it with the same precision that she can fire a bow.  The pillow hit Eric square on the head giving him a face full of feathers before Anna ran round him, catching his hand in hers, twilling him round and started leading the way to the study giggling.

The study was quiet and when Eric and Anna entered the room,  Vincent looked at Eric as though he was about to hand him a death sentence. “Eric I think I might have found something that explains the symptoms you have been showing.” Vincent says sliding a book across the study table his features unreadable. 

At the top left hand side of the book a sketch of a large black wolf, similar to that of the Haunt walking around it, except it is standing on its hind quarters and its arms are bent in the fashion of a humans.  The name of the animal shown is scripted above it in large curving sweeps, Werewolf.

It takes a while for the information to sink in but there’s no denying it, all the tell tale clues are there.  The fear, for wolf’s bane and how it affects a werewolf the same as the Haunt. The craving for raw meat and blood, the blackouts at nights the person processing the disease can have, if around too much blood when the sun sets, the inability for Dokumailar to read a werewolves thoughts and strengths and the nightmares! No, visions that they can have in their sleep of what other werewolves are at. 

Upon reading this Eric wonders if he is able to feel when other werewolves die, like Jeremy can with vampires. If he is able, the four words bounce around in his head.  This must be the fastest anyone’s been through the seven stages of grief. Eric mused sinking into acceptance.

“This can’t be right” Anna said in complete hysterics.

“There is no other explanation for the way the wolf’s bane burnt Eric, or the fact that I haven’t been able to hear his thoughts since he woke from his coma.”  Vincent said giving a questioning look at the book and then Eric.