When I got there, Madam Malkin herself brought me into a little room in the back. She whipped her wand and several tape measures were flying around me, measuring every part of my body. While that happened, Madam Malkin brought another boy into the room. He had pale skin and almost white hair. His eyes were a clear grey colour, and his face was a little round. He looked rather friendly. He smiled shyly at me as he stood next to me with the tape measures flying around him.

         “Hello. I’m Hermione.” I said while reaching out my hand towards the boy. He took it and studied me carefully.

         “I’m Draco.” He said, “First year?” he then continued, I nodded, “Me too. But I can’t wait. My parents have told me so much about it!” he said excitedly, I smiled at him.

         “Really?” I asked, I wished I knew something about the school, the boy, Draco, nodded eagerly.

         “Yeah!” He said, “I hope I’m getting sorted into Slytherin. My whole family has been in that house for generations.” He continued, “Do you know which house you’ll be sorted in?”

         “Uhm. No, I don’t.” I said as Madam Malkin came back into the room with my robes in a bag.

         “Well, I hope to see you again soon. Maybe on the train?” Draco asked and smiled.

         “Sure. I'll see you on the train!” I said before I left the room.

On my way out of the store I ran into another boy. This one had black, incredibly messy hair, and green eyes.

         “Sorry!” He muttered, I could tell he was bewildered. He was probably new to this whole world as well.

         “That’s okay.” I said, and left to go find my parents.

When I found them we went to Ollivanders Wand Shop, so I could get my wand. I had to try several wands before one of them finally chose me. 10¾" vinewood, and with a dragon heartstringcore. It was so cool! I tried talking my parents into giving me an owl, but they wouldn’t hear of it. I got the last school supplies, and we left Diagon Alley.

Only one week later I was sitting on the Hogwarts Express with Draco Malfoy, we had the compartment to ourselves.

         “So, which house do you hope to be put in?” he asked curiously. I shrugged.

         “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe Ravenclaw? I heard that’s where most of the really clever kids go!” I said and smiled to myself. I may be a little proud of myself, I do consider myself clever, and I have always gotten good grades. Draco snorted when I said Ravenclaw and I looked at him.

         “Rawenclaw is for losers. You should come to Slytherin, that’s where I’m going to be.” He said.

         “I thought no one knew where they were going to be sorted?” I said, confused. I had read so much about the school. I must have read Hogwarts: A History at least three times! I knew it by heart!

         “They don’t. But my whole family has been in Slytherin for generations. So I’m pretty sure to be put there as well.” He said.

         “But aren’t all people from Slytherin considered bad or evil?” I couldn’t help but ask. Draco laughed at my question.

         “Maybe. But do you really think I’m bad?” he said. I tried to put on my most serious facial expression and studied him very closely.

         “I don’t know yet. I'll get back to you on that one.” I said and winked at him, he laughed and we continued talking. At one point a chubby little boy interrupted us, his name was Neville, he had apparently lost his toad. Yuck, who would keep a toad as a pet? Oh well, we hadn’t seen it, so he left again. We started to change into our school robes. After a while I had to go to the bathroom, I met Neville again and I decided to help him look for his toad. So I started asking people if they had seen it. Because of this decision I met Ron Weasley and Harry Potter. After the meeting I quickly went back to the compartment where Draco was sitting, he had his eyes deeply focused on a book and didn’t notice me coming in again. I had to clear my throat a few times before he even looked up. When he saw it was me he put down the book again.