Gordie looked up from the bread, "sometimes."

The worker threw more meat on a scale, "I remember the year he was all-conference. Quarterback, he played. Boy, could he throw. Father, God, and Sonny Jesus. You play football?"

Ella could tell Gordie went somewhere else mentally, "No, he doesn't."

Hearing Ella's voice Gordie came back to the present, "Hm?"

"I asked if you play football," the worker responded.

"No," Gordie responded in a harsh way.

"What do you do?" The worker asked.

"I don't know," Gordie responded after a silent moment.

"He writes," Ella said and both the male's looked at her, "and he's good. Very good. He's gonna write a bestseller one day."

The worker nodded but moved on from her statement, "Yeah, well, your brother, Denny, sure could play football."

Gordie threw an eight-pack of buns on the counter and took out the change as the worker finished wrapping up the meat.

Gordie paid the worker and split up the groceries with Ella.

The two kids left the store and made their way back to the junkyard.

"You know," Ella started, "you are incredible at writing. It's a talent and you have it."

"God forbid it's not football," Gordie muttered.

"Hey," Ella started grabbing the boys shoulder, "shut up! I saw your brother play, his talent was football. Your talent is writing. Both are important. Personally, I believe writing is more worthwhile then football."

Gordie looked down and almost smiled, "I don't know."

Ella smiled at the boy and put her hand under his chin so he would look back up at her, "Yeah? Well, I do."

Gordie finally smiled at the girl, "Thanks, Ella."

The two walked in silence back to the junkyard.

Once they got there they both saw the other four were not where they were before - or anywhere in sight, for that matter.

"Where are they?" Ella asked looking around.

Gordie shrugged in response.

They both walked little ways before seeing the other four climbing over the fence.

Gordie and Ella watched confused.

That is until, "Hey! Hey, you kids. What are you guys doing there? Come over here."

Ella and Gordie looked the right and saw Milo, the junkyard owner.

The two kids ran as fast they could to the fence.

"Hey! Come back here! Come back here, goddammit! I'll sic my dog on you!"

The four all yelled at the two to run fast.