Chapter 3

"Hey, come here." Jimmy mumbled, drowsiness overcoming him, as he waited for Allison to get into bed.

"Hold on." Allison giggled, putting her things away before shutting the lights off and climbing into bed.

"Mmm, better." He mumbled, bringing her closer to him, "You ready?"

"Ready?" She yawned, bringing her hand to intertwine with his under the covers.

"To go back to work tomorrow." He clarified, keeping his eyes closed.

"Mhm," Allison nodded, nuzzling her head gently, "I love you guys, but it'll be nice to be back."

"You know," He said, "Sometimes I wish you'd come back."

"What do you mean?" She laughed quietly, fluttering her eyes open to look up at him.

"Come back to train with us," He said, "Then I could see you more."

"Aww," Allison giggled, bringing her other hand up to trace his jaw line, "Sooo sweet." She said suspiciously.

"I'm being serious, you know." He smiled, under her touch.

"Yeah?" She questioned, "I don't know, J." She breathed, "That didn't really work out the best for us before."

"We're different now." He said seriously, opening his eyes up to meet hers, "We are."

"You're right." She nodded, pressing her lips to his gently, "Come on, it's late." She sighed, bringing her head back down, "Let's sleep."

----------

The two were awoken the following morning to Jordan crying. Jimmy groaned slightly, as Allison looked at the time and saw she had to get up soon anyways. Sighing to herself she quickly got out of bed, and rushed to the little one's room.

Just as she opened Jordan's room she saw Jimmy's mom walking over.

"Hey," Allison whispered, "Please go to bed, you know we got this stuff." She shook her head.

"Hunny..." Lydia trailed off, knowing today was her first day back at work.

"Seriously, I got it." Allison assured, "I had to be up soon anyways." She nodded, giving her mother-in-law a final smile before walking over to Jordan's crib.

Allison reached down to gently pick Jordan up and immediately began soothing him.

"Aww, my baby." She whispered, rocking him in her arms – trying to find the source of the problem. He didn't need a diaper change, he didn't want his pacifier, maybe he was hungry.

Calming him down slightly, Allison brought him into the kitchen where, with her other arm, she warmed up a bottle for him. Sitting down with him, she began feeding him and watched as his tears began to stop.

"Hey," Jimmy whispered, tiptoeing out of there room and towards the living room where Allison was feeding the, now drowsy, Jordan, "What's goin on out here?"

"Go back to sleep." Allison pressed, as Jimmy sat down next to her, kissing Jordan gently on the forehead as his eyes kept opening and closing.

"Nah," Jimmy shook his head, "Babe, I'm up it's fine. You want me to finish up with him? You could get a little longer before you have to go to work?" He asked.

"Shhh, no." She half smiled, as he rested his hand on her thigh. "I got it."

"I love y'all." He mumbled, tiredly, resting his head on her shoulder.