"About eleven inches, made of ash with a unicorn hair core, very powerful yet will only render itself useful to its owner. It is made of the same stuff as your fathers, but is different in length and flexibility. This, being shorter, and your fathers being much more rigid than this wand, which is a bit flexible. I wouldn't pass this one down to any future children, seems a bit stubborn," Ollivander mumbled to himself. "Try flitting it around, get a feel for it."

Virginia barely touched the wand when light bulbs popped, windows began to rattle and-

Ollivander plucked the wand away. "Oh no, much too temperamental with your two souls. Too much will into that, not enough structure. Let us try something like your mothers. Willow wood, with a phoenix feather core, not unicorn, very flexible, 10 inches, though I do worry with how flexible it is..."

Virginia took this wand, moved her wrists a few times, as blood red sparks shot from it, a howling noise coming from all around, making others in the shop to hold their hands over their ears. Ollivander took this wand back.

"Let us try the odd ball." He took out a beautiful wand of dark color. "Nine and three fourths in length, made of cedar wood, loyalty and strong character but a very perceptive wood. I would not cross you my dear if you have a cedar wand! Unicorn hair core, what a wonderful pair! This is a weaker core to keep if not paired with a strong wood, and cedar is very strong indeed! It is reasonably supple flexibility, for the opinionated but the open. Let's see, dear," Ollivander said as he handed her the wand.

Virginia felt as if she was floating. It was as if she was weightless, as if she was flying, as if nothing could stop her from doing anything-

"Yes! Bravo my dear! This is the wand for you," Ollivander clapped, and Virginia beamed, looking up at her mother to see a very near replication of her own smile on her mother's face.

"Yes, I believe we'll take it, Mr. Ollivander." Mrs. Harrison proceeded to pay Mr. Ollivander, though it took a bit of time and Virginia's help. Mrs. Harrison, being from America, still found it hard to keep her Galleons, Dragots, and her dollars apart. 

After handing over the money, her mother leaned in to shake his hand, "I haven't seen you in a very long time, and this is much delayed, but welcome back." 

"Thank you," he chuckled, "it is appreciated, your words."

And with that, the mother and daughter left. 

"Where to next?" Virginia asked her mother.

"I think robes, then we'll go get your cauldron and miscellaneous things, if your father hasn't gotten them already. Oh look! Madam Malkin's! I do believe she'll have everything we need," the daughter and mother pair ran off into the store and soon Virginia was being fit for her robes.

As the two, now weighed down with bags, found their way down Diagon Alley, they met Virginia's father who had gotten the rest of her supplies without her and he was grinning. "Got everything else, now it's time for the big decision!"

"Big decision?" Both Virginia and her mother tilted their heads in confusion, speaking at almost the same moment.

"Owl, cat, or-"

"Obviously," Virginia began, "the only sensible animal for myself is a cat of some sort. Someone to read with and talk at, perhaps be talked to."

Both of her parents laughed a bit, before they led Virginia to the Magical Menagerie. Inside the shop was a plethora of magical animals and Virginia soon found herself standing next to a girl her age with short, coily hair cropped mid-neck, warm brown skin, and round brown eyes.