Chapter 1: Ruby and Her Babies

Beep... Beep... BEEP... BEEEEEEEEEP!

"Ack!!!" Ruby exclaimed, falling out of her old, creaky bed, forgetting that her alarm got increasingly louder each time.

Someday, that's going to be how I die. I just know it. She sighed, sitting up on the floor. "Guess it's time to get ready. I'll go scavenging today with my babies!" She said, looking at the messy pile of voodoo dolls on the floor.

This girl, Ruby was a manipulator. Whenever she killed someone, she collected as many organs and limbs as she could, and stitched them together. Then, she could bring them to life with her Nen and control them as she pleased. If only some organization would find her. She'd be a sight to behold.

Buuuuuut, nobody noticed her. Oh well. She strutted to the window, kicking away some empty soda cans on the floor, and threw open the window curtains. Through the cracked windowpane, stood Yorknew in all of its loud, disgusting glory. "I'll get out of here eventually." Ruby thought, pulling her caramel colored hair out of a messy bun. 

Ruby caught a glimpse of herself in the full-body length mirror. She wasn't the most pretty girl in the world, but she wasn't ugly either.  She was of medium height, with caramel colored hair that was always falling out of place. Whenever she wore her glasses, people told her that she looked like a friendly owl. Ruby always doesn't know how to respond to that. She was wearing a t-shirt and shorts now, but her normal outfit was a button-down white shirt, black shorts, black shoes, and a short black jacket that exposed the winding black tattoos up her arms. However, that wasn't her most striking feature. 

It had to be her plum purple eyes. 

People told her that her eyes told everything about her. They flashed with light when she was excited, got even darker when she was depressed, or got so light, like ice purple when she was worried. Ruby really didn't know what the big stink was about her eyes. After all, it was just a genetic mutation. 

After getting dressed, Ruby picked up her bag with the yin-yang symbol on it. "Aaaaaaaaallllright babies! Time to go scavenging!" She happily exclaimed, scooping as many dolls as she could carry and throwing them into her bag. 

After one final mirror check, she was off to go scavenging. 

Little did she know that she would find even more than she bargained for that day. 

So..... how was the first chapter? Comment any tips if you can.