Chapter 1

The new Knight of Occultia:

Sakyu had a smile on her face as she walked through the castle which was hidden by her knight's helmet. Today was her first day as an official palace knight. She was on her way to find the head knight, who was stationed outside the king's formal study. She was to receive her assignment, and she was excited to start. It was tradition for her family to serve as knights in royal households. Her father was a knight in this kingdom in his younger days, and her sister Inkyu served in the kingdom of Demona as a knight also. She did miss her sister, but they sent notes every now and again after her sister had left to serve a couple of years ago. She pushed all thoughts of her sister to the back of her mind as she reached her destination. Waiting outside the door was a knight in a set of armour fancier than her own. She knew instantly this was the head knight.
"I'm here for my assignment." Sakyu spoke confidently to the head knight. He looked down at her, nodding his head.
"Basu, correct?" He asked in a masculine voice. She nodded her head, trying not to glance down at the crest on her chest plate. Every knight had one with the crest of their family so they could be identified easily while wearing their helmets, as well as the crest of the royal family. She recognised the crest on the head knight's chest plate as that belonging to the Masuta family. "You have been assigned to her highness Princess Oka's chambers. If you need anything, come straight to me." Sakyu nodded her head.
"Thank you, sir." She bowed slightly in his direction. He laughed a little when she didn't immediately go to her post, as she didn't know where it was.
"My name is Budo Masuta, but you may call me Budo." The head knight told her with a smile. Sakyu nodded her head with a smile.
"Very well. You may call me Sakyu." The purple haired girl told him, holding her hand out to him. Budo smiled a little as he shook her hand.
"Your assigned post is on the next floor, right of the stairs and last room to the left." Budo instructed, he remembered that he hadn't told Sakyu where she was supposed to be. She nodded her head, walking away from him to find exactly where she needed to be.

It took about 10 minutes, but it was a large castle in her defence. The princess surely is one lucky girl to live in a place like this. Sakyu stood on her post exactly as she was supposed to be. The princess wasn't in her room, as she was in a private lesson. She didn't know what lesson, but that was of no concern to her. She had never really had any educational lessons, she had been too focused training under her father to become a knight for the Occultia royal family. Time seemed to drag by slowly when she had nothing to do except for stand in one specific spot and wait to be told what to do next.

After several hours, the princess returned from her private classes. Sakyu had never seen her before, and was stunned when she did. The princess was the most beautiful girl Sakyu had ever seen. She had soft dark hair that contrasted nicely against her naturally pale skin. She also had bright violet eyes that seemed to sparkle in the dimly lit corridor. Sakyu knew she was blushing intensely, which made her even more relieved it was covered by her knight's helmet.
"Good afternoon your highness." Sakyu said a little loudly out of nervousness. She bowed to the princess, standing herself up instantly. She felt so embarrassed, especially in front of princess Oka. The awkwardness faded a little as she heard the princess giggle lightly. She had a sweet, almost melodic, giggle that made Sakyu smile beneath her helmet.
"Good afternoon to you as well, knight Basu." She smiled softly before heading back into her bedroom and closing the door behind her. She had recognised the crest on Sakyu's chest plate, as she had to learn every one as part of her studies. As soon as the door was closed, Sakyu made a sigh that she hoped the princess couldn't hear. She already felt something in her heart, something she couldn't describe even if she had an elaborate vocabulary. The princess was the most adorable girl she had ever met, and she was already smitten. She knew now she would have to protect princess Oka no matter what.

That night, she was stood at her assigned spot as the princess remained in her chambers. It was past her bedtime, and she was forbidden to leave the room until the sun was up in the sky. 'It must suck to be a princess, there's so many rules to follow.' Sakyu thought to herself. She had began to learn of the many rules that had to be followed by Oka, and couldn't imagine ever having a life like that. She continued to stand at her post until she heard a disturbance in Oka's chambers. She pushed open the door and went into the room to check on her. The princess was sat awake in her bed, and she didn't look happy.
"Is anything the matter, your highness?" Sakyu asked, concerned. The room was in darkness, with the only light coming from the open door. She could faintly make out the shape of Oka on the bed. Sakyu lit one of the candles, creating more light in the room. She looked back at the young princess, knowing she hadn't spoken a word since she had entered the room.
"I had a nightmare, knight Basu." Oka frowned. She recognised Sakyu's voice from earlier, that's how she knew who had entered her chambers when she couldn't see them. Sakyu immediately became concerned for her. "May I request a favour?" She asked, tilting her head a little and giving Sakyu puppy dog eyes. She nodded her head, silently waiting for Oka to make her request. "Please take the helmet off. I want to see what you look like." Sakyu didn't want to take off her helmet, but she felt obliged to at Oka's request.
"As you wish, your highness." She took it off, hoping she wouldn't notice the blush that was probably on her face. Oka smiled, noticing how pretty Sakyu was. Sakyu also smiled, now completely smitten with the princess.
"I would like to request that you be my personal protector, knight Basu." She said with a small smile. Sakyu also had a smile on her face. She had only met Oka that day, yet she trusted her enough to have her personally protect her. The purple haired girl nodded her head and said something before she left so the princess could get some sleep.
"Very well."