Chapter 5 (FINAL)

"Now... What was thing you wanted to tell me, Chase?" Skye asked as Chase carried her on his back.

"Oh, um... Yes" Chase said.

"You can do it Chase" Ryder said,  he had realized what was happening.

"Umm... Skye... I wanted to tell you that I..." Chase started.

"Yeah..." Skye said.

"I... Lo... Love you." Chase finished.

"Wha... What?" Skye asked.

"Did you hear me? I love you... A lot" Chase said.

At that moment Skye's heart was beating like crazy.

"He said he loves me, HE SAID HE LOVES ME, RYDER!!!" Skye said.

"Good Job, Chase. You did it" Ryder said.

Then Skye said: "I love you too, Chase!"

"Really?" Chase said.

"Yeah" Skye said.

"So... You will be my girlfriend?" Chase said smiling.

"I would love to!" Skye said giggling.

The two smiled at each other and then hugged. They also happened to get a bit of an audience of people going aww for the couple.

Sometime later, they went back to the Lookout. Chase and Skye were by a tree close to each other while the others happened to be watching. They were snuggling each other and talking.

"So that's why I was missing my bathing cap" Skye said.

"Yeah, I like holding onto it. But don't worry. You can have it back" Chase said.

"Thank You. You know, I wish we told our feelings sooner" Skye said.

"You know me. The tough guy" Chase said.

"Heehee! The tough guy with a soft side. But that's what I like about you" Skye said.

Then she licked him on the chin and said thanks for saving her life and always being there for her.

"That's what I like about you" Chase said.

Then they smiled at each other and stayed close, as well as hoping the moment would never end.

They still love each other as much as they did on the first day. All's well, ends well. Or Does It?

Author's Note: CLIFFHANGER!!!