Spud smirked in return, spud was definitely the shit his skin was the shade of dark chocolate and he had pretty white teeth and pink pouty lips, his eyes were the shape of almonds and the color of pecans and you could damn near drown in his waves— yea he was one of those dark skins.

"I get that a lot" he flirted.

"Im sure you do" she opened the box of kit kats and put them on the shelve where they belonged.

"see you later" he winked at her as he walked to the counter.

She sat wondering why he didn't ask for her name or number like most dudes did when they came in she always turned them down because they were the typical "wanna be hood boys" but spud she would have definitely gave him a chance.

Spud sashayed to his car with his bags swinging, he knew what he was doing he wasn't going to ask for her number because that's what thirsty niggas did and he would never stoop down to that level, if she wanted him she would come to him— and that's exactly what she did as she ran over to him.

"hey!" she called out of breath.

spud stopped in his tracks and turned around "sup baby?"

she smirked "its Desiree, and call me maybe?" she questioned as she handed him a piece of paper with her number.

He shrugged "maybe" he hoped in the car ignoring the mug she sent his way, he was definitely playing hard to get.

_________

Abby laid in her bed rubbing her stomach as she watched Tv she was more than hungry and she was tired of eating noodles and cereal, since her parents were out of town Dre was suppose to go shopping but he hasn't been home since their parents left three days ago, and he wasn't answering her calls or text.

She huffed as she saw that spud read her text over twenty minutes ago and never answered she called Deja but she was helping her aunt so she couldn't leave and she felt it would be weird calling storm since they weren't that close.

A knock at her door sounded through out the house, getting off the bed she went downstairs to open the door and was shocked when she saw spud standing there.

"damn you gone look at me all day or move out the way?" he mugged her pushing past her.

He knew his way around so he went straight for the kitchen placing their food on the table he pulled his box out and said a quick prayer before diving in.

Abby soon walked in rubbing her small pudge "is that mines?"

He looked at her with a bored expression "I wouldn't be over here if it wasn't"

Instead of replying she grabbed the box and opened it revealing her lemon pepper wings and cheese fries, her mouth watered as she stuffed fries in her mouth.

Spud wiped his hands on his napkin and stared at her "don't be disrespectful pray over that food and a thank you would be nice"

she swallowed the food in her mouth "im sorry, and thank you so much" she quickly prayed over her food before diving back in.

Spuds eyes shifted over to her stomach and he instantly felt sadden, seeing the proof hurt him even more.

that's really not my baby she's carrying.