chapter -15

Next day i went back to my home , lucas was there waiting. I told him everything except the part where dereck planed to kill him. I didn’t know why but I hide it.

after lunch  I was going back to the mansion but I have to make a one last stop. “mark can you  take me to this hospital” I told him handing the address. “are you all right maam?” he asked as he took it from the diver seat. “ya, I just need to check on few thing” I said.

it was almost evening when I got back to the mansion. I sat in the living room having few chats with Amelia. “why do jake calls you Emily!?” I asked her. She giggled before telling. “ its my pet name”. just then dereck and few others enterted. Unlike the usual way ,dereck  walked in calm and with a slow pace. I continued talking ,ignoring the little fear in my stomach. Amelia stop talking starring at something behind my back. Before I could turn ,two hands grabbed my shoulder. “how have you been cupcake?” dereck said slowly massaging my shoulder. “fa..fine” I mumbled. “why don’t we take a walk through the gardens” he said pulling me to stand. I stumbled as I stood. I looked over Amelia giving me a sad look.

I gulped and walked with him. as we came out I looked at the orange purple sky,.pulling my hoodies sleeves such that  it was covering all my finger ,I  walked slowly. 

suddenly I was tackled in the ground with a loud thud. Dereck pinned  me  to ground so that I couldn’t move. He turned me around so that I was facing him . his hand grabbed my hair roughly. “do you think you are smart?”he spat. I closed my eyes. So this is how I die.

“you are the most stupidest person ever. Didn’t I warned you about your phone being tracked. Guess what we found ?. little cupcake has been sneaking to talk with her brother.” He wisped yelled. “tell me one good reason why I shouldn’t be killing you?” he said. “ I heard your plan of killing lucas including me. but I  didn’t tell him. I not only talked to him but also met him. I didn’t tell cause I didn’t want to” I told him . those words came braver than I thought. By this time he let go of my hair and was hovering over me from by side. His one leg was across my waist pinning me down while the other stayed  kneeled one the ground. awkward positon ! tell me about it

“not good enough” he said looking at the ground. “you think you are strong ? do you think I fear you now?” I asked him. his eyes flicked to mine. “no…your weak Dereck, this tough face is just a mask.” I said. “SHUT UP” he yelled as he caught my jaw. He caught it so tight that it would break. Our eyes stared at each other. slowly he let it go closing his eyes. “I have seen throught that mask. I have seen the real you dereck” I said.  He stared at me.he leaned his forehead over mine still closing his eyes. “you make me weak” he whispered. “and you make me strong, let me fix you” I whispered back ingoring the pain from my jaw. It only took a mille second before his lips crashed on my mine. We poured out feeling in.  a few months back If some one would have told me that I would  fall for a mafia boss, I would have laughed at the person’s face. But here im falling for this grey eye devil.

He fell beside me both of us starring at the night sky in silence. “so what now?” he asked. “I know where Lucas is. There is this private cabin. Lets finish this . but I warn you that he will have his amount of men. I want this mess over. Talk and finish it if possible.” I said. he nodded and stood up.

He helped me stand and we walked in. “ALEX!” I called out once we entered the main hall. He looked at  me with a smile . a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “where were you?” I asked. “I was..uhmm..little bit off,so I went along with debra to leave her at Paris.” He said. I could see that he was completely ignoring Dereck so was he. At the coner of my eye I caught Dereck turned to walk but I caught his shirt  making him stop, my eyes still on alex who looked confused.
“dereck don’t you think it time to talk with alex?” I asked. he didn’t turn still but his body tensed. “dereckkkk” I stressed .
He groaned and  turned looking at me with a flat eyes. “ now I don’t want you brother to be fighting” I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. “ do you understand?” I asked tilting my head so the side so that he would look at me. “ya” he  mumbled . “good” I said planting a kiss on his cheeks. “good night” I said letting him go and turning to walk not before crossing alex whose eyes were popping out of the socket. “ good night” I heard him reply and turned to see him  giving me a genuine smile.

Once I was in my room I locked it up and opened my bag where I had a new phone .i knew  the calls where being traced,its all part of the plan. I dialed to lucas. He picked up at the first ring. “its done,im brining him tomorrow” I said before cutting it.

..........

Not editted.

Hello!
I'm writing a new book based on fantasy, which I will be publishing soon.

Don't forget to comment  and vote!