Chapter Nine

I barely get any sleep that night. All I could do was think about what the people here would do to me if they figured out I was awake.

I wonder, is Thomas one of them? He didn't seem like he could be.

Maybe he could help me escape. Anyway, what other option do I have?

Either I ask the guy for help, or face the consequences. What did they mean before? What would they do to me? What did Natalia mean by "she can't remember where she came from."

Everything just felt so confusing.

I wonder if Thomas will come back here. I just assumed he would. What would happen if he didn't?

So many questions blurred through my head while I sat in silence in the bright white room.

+++

Hours pass without a trace of anyone. Until suddenly the door opens and my eyes fly shut.

"Hey it's me." A familiar voice sounds. I open my eyes to see Thomas. He stands in front of me, smiling.

"I was wondering if you'd come." I tell him. "There's something  i need to tell you, well ask you..."

"What is it?" Thomas asks. I stare at him in search of something. His eyes gazed back at me, full of curiosity and confusion.

"Will you help me leave this place?" I silently let out a breath which I was holding in.

"Why do you want to leave?" He asks.

"If I tell you something can you promise that you won't tell anyone?"

"Teresa.."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I explain to him about what I overheard yesterday.

"Oh wow." He responds.

"What do you think she meant?" I ask him, hoping he has an answer.

"I don't know. Natalia has never exactly referred to any of the newbies as fugitives." Thomas says. "What exactly did you do?"

He gasps and his eyes widen.

"Did you murder someone?! Oh my God, you did, didn't you! You're probably going to kill me now an-"

"Thomas stop!!" I basically scream. My hands stretch out  a little as a sign of my terrible frustration. This guy really knows how to mess with my nerves.

"I didn't kill anyone. I just ran away from home."

"Ohhhh.." He says. "Where exactly is your home?"

"The Society."

He stares at me as if I just told him that I could fly.

"The Society?"

"Yes, the Society."

"So you're not from any of the district's?"

"Um, no."

"But it's impossible to get in or out of the Society."

"Well obviously not because I'm here."

He laughs.

"How did you get here?"

"I left the Society!"

"Ugh, no, i mean how exactly did you leave."

"I climbed the wall."

Thomas stares at me with amazement.

"I've got to give you credit for that." He smiles, crossing his arms across his chest.

"so will you help me leave?" i ask him again. My heart beats rapidly as i wait for his response.

"Yes, but under a few conditions."

"What exactly are these conditions?"

He pauses. "One; I get to bring my girlfriend," My heart stops. I should have seen it coming, of course Thomas had a girlfriend! "Two; You help me steal something from Natalia."

A/N Hey guys!! I am really sorry for all the super late updates.. I've been really busy lately :/ During summer i should be back on track!! I adore you readers to death  <3 Love you guys!!