Special #3: A Day At The Lake

Start from the beginning

Sebastian snorted, “Who was looking?” I wasn’t looking, I truly wasn’t…I was searching the edge of the forest on the other side and she was conveniently in the way, obstructing my view. How am I supposed to call myself a butler if I look away from a spot when there may be danger?

“Of course you weren’t, just keep in mind what I said, I meant every word of it.” With that he sauntered off to join the girls in the water, playfully dunking a shrieking Kat in the water.

Admiring…what a ludicrous idea. Kat giggled and sent a wave of water in Elizabeth’s direction, fully over her former aversion to water. I have to admit thought that red and white swimsuit does highlight her figure…

Catching sight of him watching her Kat smiled and waved, “Come on in, the waters great!”

“I believe I will have to pass on that I have no swimming attire.”

Rhose dunked Kat again and laughed, “Don’t be ridiculous Gattino that butler is so frigid he would freeze the water as soon as he touched it!”

Kat sputtered as she came back up, “That’s not very nice sir.” She shook the water from her hair and stalked out of the water making a beeline for Sebastian, she looked over her shoulder at Rhose, “And he would not freeze the water!”

The butler looked down with no little suspicion at the little imp who just grinned at him, “Is there something I can help you with?”

“Proving a point and ….”

“And…?”

“Taking revenge!” Before he could react Kat seized the lapels of his jacket and tugged forward, rolling backwards to throw him into the water behind her. He came up sputtering, his water laden bangs hanging down into his eyes. “Kat…” He ground his teeth together with anger.

Totally oblivious to his anger Kat grinned unrepentantly, “See? No ice.”

Rhose laughed and pushed Sebastian under the water, apparently he had found his outlet for “fun” at the lake. “You are right but what will the Earl say when he see his beloved butler in soaking wet clothes? I fear we may have-”

“I don’t care.” Ciel remarked unmoved from his place on the beach, sunbathing on a red and white checkered blanket.

Sebastian shoved the hand that held him under off the top of his head and resurfaced. Shrugging out of his coat he approached the beach. Parare Kat, bellum habet tamen ad incipe!

Or in other words…Prepare Kat, the war had yet to begin!

____________________________________________________________

Kat fell against the sandy lakeside with a sigh, totally exhausted. She had swum with the others for hours now, a creepy sensation running up and down her spine. Ever since she had thrown Sebastian into the lake this morning he had been either noticeably absent or noticeably…noticeable.

He was up to something she could feel it in her bones. What it was she didn’t know, that it was going to be pleasant….very unlikely.

She closed her eyes as the last rays of sunlight disappeared beyond the distant trees. This is so comfortable…I could definitely fall asleep here…

A light flashed in front of her closed eyes lids, making her jerk awake, and cast a cautious glance around. The others were a few feet done the shore, laughing and joking around the fire they had put up to warm themselves around the fire.