Chapter one

"Honey?" my mom said through the door I ignored every syllable of what she said.

"Honey I'm sorry that we have to move and everything can I just talk to you? You never have to speak to me again tonight as long as you listen to what I have to say."

Dang it how did she know that I could not refuse that offer I stumble off of my bed and gradually open up the door "What" I say in a snappy tone.

"Can I come in?" she can tell that I'm going to say no I can just see it in her eyes.

"Do you have to"

"Yes, actually yes I do." she used my snappy tone, who does she think she is my mom oh ya she is never mind. By the time that I open up the door all of the way and shut it my mom is sitting on my bed, just waiting casually for me to sit down.

"Now sweetie I don't want to move neither your does your dad and he doesn't really have a choice it's for his job. Plus he gets a raise also just as long as we move up there first." She looks at me with a sad look like the honey I understand you look, even though she has no earthly clue how I feel.

"But we have to huh, we just have to, because of this, because of that. What's next we move to china because that's where we need to get a dog. Oh that's right I've wanted a dog since I was 5, but we have no time for a dog Chloe, money doesn't grow on trees Chloe, you can't have everything Chloe. you say all of that then the next day you get Sam an Xbox1." I started whining and just letting things out that I've been holding in.

"Okay whatever cry all you want I still love you now pack your bags we are leaving tomorrow!"she quickly yells at me And just leaves.

I quickly throw everything in my small sleepover bag that I usually bring over to Megan's on the weekends. Then my mind starts to wander off and then I'm thinking about all of the memories spent here in Minnesota my fights with Megan, my sleepovers with Megan, my whole life I spent here. I only had one friend and my life pretty much revolved around her my only friend. Megan which I am now moving away from. Oh no, how am I supposed to tell her that I'm moving away, much less to California which is almost across the whole United States.

It's almost dark outside so I ran to her house about to start to break a sweat then I arrive at her house which just so happens to be right next door. I continuously knock non-stop them her dad answers the door and I'm still knocking but at this moment the door is open and I'm just knocking on air looking to my right side. Then I realize that I'm not knocking on wood anymore so I turn and her dad had one eyebrow up, with a questioning look on his face. "Chloe is everything okay?" he says in a worried tone.

"Me oh ya why wouldn't I be,psshhh, everything is fine can I just talk to Megan?" he's still standing there with a blank look on his face. "Hello. Please!"

"Oh,oh ya sorry about that, he runs away from the door and yells Megan it's Chloe! Come quick! Please... She will be right downstairs" he looks like 16 years just smacked him in the face, with a big your daughters best friends with this chick.

"Hey girl! What. is. up." she says in a girly voice I'm not even going to ask why. I just stand there like a freak wide eyed waiting for the words to come out of my mouth."Hello what is it?

"I'm moving, and leaving tomorrow!" I'm screaming help in code.

"OMG! Really?"

"Why would I joke about this?"

"Why?"

"My dad's stupid job that's why"

"Let me take this all in my best friend is moving because if her dad's job! I'm so mad! Where are you moving? Is it close?"

"California."

"Promise me that we will still talk! I don't know what I'm going to do!"

"I promise!" my brother runs up to Megan's front door and shakes his butt in her face, or at least tries to but she's to tall and lanky so my 8 year old brothers but only reaches her stomach, turns around and said Chloe it's dinner time spits on my sandals and runs away. "Things just got awkward." I say quickly to Megan "Text you later!" I run and start to tell "Saaammmm" but it's to late he already reached the door and slammed it closed.