Wind Alert

Sofia was near the race course, feeling hurt by what Amber did to her. She was with her flying horse, Minimus.

"Maybe Hugo is right," sighed Sofia. "Maybe I should be in a place where I won't get into any trouble. Do you suppose there's such a place, Minimus?"

"I'm not sure, Sofia," said Minimus. "Do you?"

"Well, there must be," declared Sofia. "It can't be a place you can get to by a boat or a train."

"What kind of place could it be?" Minimus asked.

When Sofia and Minimus weren't looking, James and Hugo had found them.

"I think it's a place far, far away," said Sofia. "Behind the moon. Beyond the rain." She started to sing to Minimus.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high,

There's a land that I've heard of

Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow

Skies are blue,

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops,

That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow

Bluebirds fly

Birds fly over the rainbow

When then oh why can't I?

If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow, why oh why can't I?

James and Hugo liked the way Sofia sang, but they felt very bad for her because her day had gone from bad to worse thanks to Amber.

"Sofia, are you okay?" Hugo asked.

"I'm fine," claimed Sofia.

"Sofia, we're so sorry," apologized James. "If only Amber weren't so immature, then you wouldn't be feeling so bad."

"Yeah, you're right," agreed Sofia. She was happy to know that James and Hugo were with her.

Just then, the wind started to blow.

"The storm is starting," gasped James.

"We'd better get into the locker rooms," said Hugo. "See you later, Sofia, and be careful!" He and James ran to the locker rooms as fast as they could.

Sofia got Minimus into the stables safely.

Sofia knew that she had to be in the locker rooms, but she also knew that Amber has to be in there—and she really didn't want to be in the same room as Amber, not after she played a really mean joke on her. "Where am I going to hide?" she asked herself. "I can't go into the locker rooms." She saw one of the school's flying coaches and decided to take shelter there.

Sofia felt safe in the coach. "Well, at least I'm safe," she sighed happily. But then she tripped and bumped her head. "Ouch!" she cried. She sat lay in the coach's seats and passed out.