The next evening.

An even bigger event occurs,this time witnessed not by everyone but just by the small Maori community within the town.During the night,Rawiri,Koro,Kahu and Nanny hear a booming sound coming from the sea,as if a great door has just opened,and then they witness a large group of huge whales emerge from the bottom of the sea.At their head is a great bull whale with an ancient sacred Maori tattoo.The bull whale pulls itself onto the shore and strands itself there,waiting for its death.

Koro recognizer in this event a spiritual warning to hin and his people,their test to return this ancient whale back to sea because they are so connected to this supernatural whale herd that if it lives they live and if it dies they die.Koro calls a meeting of the local Maori people and of life is being put to the test:they can either save the Whale or fail and fall into ruin.They organise all available vehicles and manpower downon the beach and attempt all sorts of measures to get the bull whale back to the sea,but the giant creature stubbornly resists and continues to wait for itself to die on the shore.

In desperation,Kahu swims out to the Whale and climbs up its back after communicating with it.The whale mistakes Kahu for its old master - Kahu's ancient ancestor,KAHUTIA TE RANGI.Overjoyed,the Whale returns to sea and it descends back into the water with the rest of the herd and Kahu in tow.Kahu agrees to come with the herd in the hopes that she will be the last time she will ever see her home and family and that accompanying the herd means losing all that she holds dear,but she sacrifices herself nonethless and chooses to remain as the Whale Rider. Back on the shore,Koro finally realizes Kahu's special status as her suitability to lead.His anguish is now doubled as he must accept that he has been so harsh to the very personal  he needed so badly this whole time.

The epilogue narrates that the oldest mother whale notices Kahu and realizes that her husband,the bull whale,had mistaken this little girl for her ancestor.She leads to him the conclusion that she is Kahutia's descendent,and she is the spear he cast into the future and thus she must be returned to her people so she can bring them life-giving benefit and guide them through these times.The bull whale eventually agrees and they return Kahu,now unconscious,to Whangara.When found by humans,Kahu is brought to the hospital to recover and there she is near to Nanny,who collapsed in shock after her dear great -granddaughter left with the Whale her three have passed since then Koro and Rawiri have been taking care of the two of them.When Nanny awakens,Koro admits to her that this is entirely his fault,and that he has been stubborn and blind in the matter of Kahu.Later when Kahu also awakens,he tells her for the first time that he loves her.Then the story ends with Kahu telling her great -grandfather(Koro) that she can still hear the singing of the whales.🐋🎤🎶🐋🎶🎤.

😊THE END.😊.