Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses

Start from the beginning

** ** ** **

Once we reached the airport and had parked our cars we walked into the airport and checked what bags we needed to which was hardly any. We received our tickets and I was practically jumping with joy. We had already been recognized by a few Nafians and we took pictures with them. I was pulling Matt through the hallways of the airport searching for the gate that we needed to be at. I was running with a purse, a suitcase, and in heels. I know it may seem like something exhausting and painful but it gave me energy, this was something that made me happy because this meant that I was going to see Shawn. Well if I could find the gate.

"Found it!" I shouted as I saw the letter D above one of the gates. Matt chuckled beside me and we made our way over there with the other guys. Now all we had to do was wait, but not for long since it was 5:52am.

** ** ** **

We were now taking off and I was comfortably seated next to Matt and with the biggest grin on my face. I pulled out my phone and went on twitter to tweet. As I went onto twitter I notice that I was really close to 1 million with 986K.

@MaliaIDallas: I am on the plane to Pittsburgh now! So excited to see my little brother @ShawnMendes! I miss you lots can't wait to see you 

Then I sent out a second tweet.

@MaliaIDallas: Also I just noticed I am really close to 1 million, thank you so much for your support I can't believe this is even happening to me! xoxo

Since I was on social media I decided to go on Instagram as well. I leaned over to Matt and put my face into his shoulder and he saw the camera and made a funny face causing me to laugh a little just as I pressed the button. Now I know that you know what I am talking about when the camera catches you in the middle of a laugh and it looks hella artsy, well that is what happened here and I was so happy with my accomplishment. Matt was making fun of me but I just slapped him, gently of course.

I only put the picture in black and white before posting it on Instagram with the caption: we shouldn't be allowed on planes together and then I posted it with Matt tagged in the picture. I was pretty close to 800K on Instagram but I didn't really care. I love my Nafians but the numbers don't mean anything to me. Sure it is nice to know that there are that many people out there supporting me but it isn't a competition. I am just glad that I have the privilege to even get to do this in the first place.

I lay my head on Matt's shoulder in hopes of falling asleep for the approximate four hour plane ride. However I didn't have much luck. I kept readjusting my head on Matt's shoulder and eventually he turned to me.

"You alright?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, just can't sleep," I muttered quietly as I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them. He moved his arm around my shoulders and hugged me closer to him. I smiled to myself at this small act of comfort Matt had performed. I heard someone plop down in the seat next to me and saw that it was Taylor. I smiled at him and moved out from under Matt's arm to talk to him.

"How's it going?" I ask with a look in my eyes that tells Taylor I am referring to Lily.

"Its fine, Matt knows," Taylor shrugs. I let out an exasperated sigh.

"So was I the only one that didn't know about all of it?" I ask in a small amount of frustration.

"Well you're her best friend," Taylor and Matt point out at the same time. I just roll my eyes and shrink into my chair.

"Okay fine you have a good point there," I say giving in. "So do you like her?" I ask and Taylor lets out an exhausted sigh.

"I don't even know, can I even feel that way?" He asks with frustration gleaming in his eyes.