Ch. 20: I'll Be There

Start from the beginning

I chuckled, "Eh it's fine. But really, why did you want me to sleep on the couch? You know how much I hate the couch."

She giggles, "I don't know. I was just mad at you. I really hope you don't have a sore neck." She replies now sounding concerned.

"Well a little bit, but I'll live." I answered, assuring her I'd be alright.

Ally puts on a sad face, "Now I feel bad. How about tonight I sleep on the couch. Ya know...payback." She suggests.

"No, I don't want you to sleep on the couch. I want you to sleep with me. I wouldn't want to see you in pain." I say intertwining our fingers.

"That's really sweet. You don't need to care about me so much." Ally says.

"Yes I do." I say nodding my head.

Ally laughs, "It's okay, I wasn't going to sleep on that couch anyways." She lets go of my hand and walks away with a smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~
<~Ally's POV:
I went to the bathroom to take a shower. My hair was getting greasy and gross because I'm always too lazy to shower. I hummed my favorite songs the whole time, every once in awhile I'd even sing out loud. When I was finished I dried off and brushed through my hair. By now it was almost noon and Annie and Austin were waiting patiently for me to make lunch.

"How long have you two been waiting for me?" I ask.

"Forever!" Annie whined, "Mommy please make lunch! I'm sooooo hungry!"

I smiled, "What do you want?" I asked.

"French fries!" She exclaims.

"French fries? Sorry sweetheart but I don't have any french fries." I replied, "Maybe we can go out for lunch and you can have french fries." I suggest.

"Oooh yeah!" She exclaims, "I'll be in the car!" She shouts and runs out the door.

I turned to Austin and laughed, "Lets go." I say grabbing his hand.

~~~~~~~~

"Alright Annie where do you want to eat?" I asked Annie, turning around to see her in the backseat.

"Pizzahut!" She exclaimed.

"Pizzahut?" I questioned, "I thought you wanted french fries."

She shakes her head and her hair flies all around, "I want pizza now."

"Pizzahut is right here." Austin says, driving into the parking lot.

"Yay!" Annie squeals, quickly unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"Annie come here and hold my hand. I don't want you to get ran over by some crazy driver." I say.

Annie sighs and comes back over to me and takes ahold of my hand.

We walked into the restaurant and took a seat. Annie wanted cheese pizza and Austin wanted hawaiian so we ordered both.

As soon as it came Annie was the first to take a bite out of her pizza. I suddenly didn't feel very hungry.

"You okay?" Austin asks. He places his hand over mine and gently massages it with his thumb.

I shake my head and wince in pain. My stomach...hurts really bad.

"A-Aust-ahhhh!" I groaned, squeezing my eyes shut. What's happening!

"Shhh just take deep breaths, I'm taking you to the hospital." Austin says trying to stay calm. He leads me back to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~
<~Austin's POV:
I drove as quickly as I could to the hospital, ignoring all of Annie's questions to stay focused.

"Austin! Please tell me we're almost there!" Ally groans in pain. It's killing me to see her like this.

"Don't worry we're here now." I assure her. I walk Ally into the hospital. I took her to the front desk and got her a doctor right away. They put Ally in a wheelchair and took her to a room I wasn't allowed in at the moment since there were no children allowed in there.

"Daddy what's wrong with mommy?" Annie asks, she starred up at me with her big brown eyes.

"She has a really bad stomach ache." I told her.

She crawls onto my lap, "Is my little brother okay?" She asks laying her head on my chest.

"Yes. Actually you might get to see him soon." I say with a smile.

"Really! Yay! When!" Annie exclaims and she begins bouncing on my lap.

I stopped her, "Shhh quiet down, I don't know for sure yet."

She sighs, "Why can't we see mommy?" She asks.

"Your too little to go in that room." I informed her, "That's why Olivia is coming to pick you up."

"What! No I wanna stay here with you! That's not fair!" Annie complains folding her arms.

I glanced over at the door and Olivia walked in. Thank god.

"Austin, how is Ally doing?" Is the first thing she asks.

"I don't know. That's why I need you to watch Annie since kids aren't allowed in that room." I say walking Annie over to her.

"I'd love to." Olivia replies. She leans down to Annie's level, "How about we go do something fun?" Olivia asks Annie with a smile.

Annie tries not to smile but fails. She nods and finally releases my hand to go with Olivia.

"Bye Annie, have fun!" I waved at her as she walked out.

"Bye daddy! I love you! Tell me when little brother comes!" Annie shouts as she walks out the door.

I quietly laughed to myself and then hurried to Ally's room. I needed to be with her.

I already knew the room number so I walked in and Ally was just lying on the bed.

"Ally...you feeling any better?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"Contractions come and go. But they are extremely painful." Ally sniffs.

"So you are gonna have the baby?" I ask, I don't know a thing about any of this stuff.

She nods.

"That's great." I say giving her a quick hug.

"No it's not." She sighs, "I'm only six months. The baby won't be full size when it's born and could end up getting sick." She looks down, "I'm really scared Austin."

I gave her another hug, "Don't be." I whispered, "I'll be here the whole time and we're gonna have a healthy baby."

She smiles, "Your so good at making me feel bett-er." She stutters suddenly gripping her stomach and wincing in pain.

I held her hand, wishing I was the one in pain and not her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Sorry for taking forever to update again. But I will be updating more now. Don't worry I'm surly not going to make you wait long for the next chapter! Oh and this is your last chance to comment baby names!

Please comment and vote!

-Hannah