Chapter 7: You Send Me

Start from the beginning

Ahk looks solemn as he prepares himself to tell me the next bit of bad news "if it gets out of hand then it could make the news, the papers..."

My eyes widen as I realise what that means "my parents" I sigh out "I was going to tell them tonight, but if they find out first..." I had planned to them everything, and then bring them back here on Wednesday in the hopes that they'd give Ahkmenrah another shot, since we're leaving on Thursday it would have been my last chance "oh god, they're going to kill me" I bury my head in my hands and feel a pair of arms wrap around me, when the person doesn't smell familiar I look up only to start laughing when I see one of the Neanderthals, I tap his shoulder and try to stop myself from laughing "thanks" I say as he walks away to chase Dexter.

Ahk walks over to me and holds me, both of us slightly uplifted by what just happened "are you alright?" He asks.

"What am I going to do?" I breathe into his shoulder.

He pulls away and puts a hand on my shoulders, looking into my eyes "tell them first" what if I tell them and then they hear about all of this on the news? Mr robot and the human scandal? They'd think the only reason I told them is because I was afraid of them seeing the news first, but right now I don't really have a choice. He holds my face and kisses me before saying "go"

I nod and give him a last hug before heading towards the door, as I leave everyone simultaneously wishes me good luck. I laugh and push through the revolving doors, when I come out the other end I bump into a gentleman "sorry sir I..." the smell of the man clouds my nostrils and I close my eyes as I mentally kick myself, I bought him that cologne for Christmas.

When I open my eyes slowly and look up my heart sinks into my foot "hi dad"

"Fair warning. She's pissed" I look behind him to see mum resting against the handrails with her arms crossed, her eyes aflame.

"I can't believe you lied to us" she says too quiet for my liking, when she shouts I at least know that there's a chance for my survival, but when she's angry and calm, then I know that everyone within a 10 mile radius of her is in serious danger.

I step out from the shield that is dad and walk closer to her "I was just on my way to tell you..."

"It doesn't matter El, because you've lied to us this whole time, oh, and by the way, I remembered that Rebecca has a twin, I mean... were so desperate to see him that you had to go that far?" I don't think I went that far, that far would be orchestrating crowds of people to lie for me.

I rub my forehead with my hand, there's no chance that I'll get through to her while she's like this "I love him, mum, and you weren't even open minded enough to see why" I hope that she sees the sincerity in my eyes, I hope she sees that I've given him my heart.

She just shakes her head and marches up to me, she grabs my hand and starts to drag me towards the museum "Fiona..." dad calls, trying to stop her as I try and free myself from her grip. She shoots him a dangerous glare which makes him shut up, I never realised how much of a tyrant mum is until today.

Without another thought she storms into the museum, Ahkmenrah turns to see who just walked in along with everybody else, but only he goes completely pale "you" mum barks at him with her finger firmly pointed at his face "you will never see my daughter again do you understand?!"

"Please..." he starts "I would never hurt her..."

She scoffs as she lets go of me "I bet you really believe that don't you?"

"I love her" he says proudly but quietly, looking at me and not mum.

I can see her bite her tongue, like she's holding herself back from saying something that I'd never forgive her for "love? You know she told me the exact same thing a few seconds ago. But you don't know her, how could you possibly know her?"