Mr. and Mrs. Miles is so sweet. They treated me as their granddaughter. They are very kind to us.  

***

In the evening, mom and I went home together after working in the bakery. Mom cooked our dinner while I'm seating in the couch resting. She didn't let me cook because I'm pregnant. 

"Mom, I'm going to New York next week" I said while walking towards the kitchen.

"Why?" She asked turning around to put the plate of roasted chicken and spring vegetables on the table.

"To meet him. I need to talk with him"

"You will convince him to remarry you?" She raised her eyebrow.

"I just need reasons..." 

"When you know the reasons, what would you do then?" She sat on the chair.

I sat on the chair across her. " Actually, the baby needs a father. I can't let him live in a broken home" 

Despite what he did to me, I will change his mind. He can't just disown our baby. I will love him despite I'm shattered deep inside. I'll pick up the pieces of my heart and make it whole again even though it's not perfect. I know it's hard, but I have to because this was called Love. 

"Jesus, Lanie why are so naive? He almost hit you have you ever thought of that? He even did a verbal abuse. You are emotionally abused, Lanie"

"I am considerate person despite he divorced me. But I'll try my best to change his mind"

" You can't simply change the mind of the billionaire man" 

"I can do it!" I insisted.

"Oh God, Lanie think what he did for you? Are you not scared to go back with him? Have you thought of protecting yourself and your baby from him?"

"Mom, it's a part in marriage! The shouting and screaming!I'm doing this for Charlie. I don't want him to grow without a father." Why don't she support me instead of preaching me? I know what I'm doing. 

"But -"

" Mom I insist" I told her firmly. 

***

NEW YORK CITY

The cab stopped outside the FORDO Company. It was perfect timing I saw Jerry got out the limo.

"Jerry!" I called him. My heart was pounding in my chest. He turned around and face me. He frowned at me. Why he hates me? He grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me along as we crossed the street and went at the back of the coffee shop. And pinned against the wall.

"You are hurting me!" I said. He let go his hand off my arm.

"Why are you here? I told I'm done with you! " He said harshly.

"I'm here to talk with you" I said sternly. 

"Talk about what, Lanie? We are over!"

"I need to know the reasons why you divorce me? The day I sign the paper I was in the hospital and sick and you are just ignoring me! You threaten me if I will not sign it! So, I signed the damn paper because I'm scared you will abort our baby! You left me with no reasons! Why are you so mad at me until now? "

"Stop pretending  you don't know"

"I'm clueless, Jerry! What the hell is happening?" I yelled.

"Your dad kidnapped mine! " 

"My dad is already dead! He died first before your dad! How could a dead person rise up !? " I hissed out.

"Just admit it, you hide something from me since the beginning! You ruin our marriage! I told you before that I don't like secrets! My parents are against with you! I didn't marry a woman from the terrorist! "

I slapped his face. He insulted my parents. "Don't call them like that! They are not terrorist, asshole!Stop talking about my dead father!"

"I don't want to talk this shit anymore" He started walking.

I pulled his hand to face me "How about your baby?" 

"He's not mine" My heart sank down when he said that. How dare him! I hold his collar and pinned him against the wall. He thinks I'm weak because I'm pregnant. 

"Why are you denying it? You can't accept it because I'm not an heiress?" I gave him an icy look.

"Let me go or I will push you"

I let go my hands on his collar and I step back.

"This is harassment, Lanie. I can sue you" He said fixing his collar.

"I don't care!" I hissed out. " I feel like I don't know you anymore! You became heartless and cold. I was -"

"Heartless?" He raised his eyebrow. " If I'm heartless you are already in the jail. You must thank me but I can't remarry you anymore. Dad already arranged me to an heiress" He chose the money over me? 

"You don't have a conscience! I was considerate and understandable to your decisions. I'm here to fight with us! I'm not a typical wife who just cry and do nothing! Even you hurt me I still love you! I always think positive for us even though you divorced me. Yet, you just trash our marriage! " I raised my hand to give up. I fought my tears. I don't want to cry in front of him to made him think I'm weak. "Okay, I'll accept it.  I heard enough reasons today.  But I still don't believe your dad was kidnapped by my dad.  Don't worry, Jerry. I will raise the baby by myself. I will raise him to be a better person! I will teach him how to love a person, unlike you who choose the money over someone you love! Always remember this, every choice you made there is always a consequence" 

" I don't want to see you anymore!" He said.

"Don't worry, Jerry. I will not bother you anymore. I'm done with you now.  Are you happy?" I can't believe I have the courage to say it. 

"Divorce is divorce" He said sternly.

"Be careful, what you say" I walked out.

I get my sunglasses in the bag and put on to hide my sorrow. My eyes were filling with tears. hurriedly went to the comfort room in the coffee shop, then lock myself in the vacant toilet room. I sat on the floor with my forehead resting on my knees and cry silently. I could feel my heart is totally shattered. I was insulted and hurt by his words. I can't forget he told me I was from a terrorist family. He didn't accept his baby. He is arranged with an heiress. He can't remarry me.  He easily gives up on me. He gives up as a father! How could he do this to me? We are 2 years married and this what happened to us? Since he found out he's from a rich family. He chose the money over me. He ruined the marriage not me! 

I thought we are stronger, Jerry.  How can you do this to me? 

***

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. 

Please let me know what you think of this chapter.

 Thanks!