Chapter 3: I Start Talking Again

*Juliet's POV*

I saw Niall smile as my voice came out, finally. Even though it was raspy and weak, I had finally done it. I had spoken for the first time in two years.

"Juliet! Y-You're talking!" Niall exclaimed, smiling at me happily. I saw the other boys grin at the two of us: they had obviously planned this! "Yeah, I guess so." I said, my voice gaining strength with every word. "Our plan worked! Ha, see! I told you, Liam!" Louis said, patting Liam on the back. Liam laughed and replied, "Yeah you did, Lou."

Out of all this happiness that was going on around me, my heart felt sort of out of place. I barely knew any of the boys, and Niall had solved my problem of being mute. However, Niall seemed to notice my downcast expression. I felt him put a hand on my shoulder, causing me to look up at him. "What's the matter, Juliet?" He asked in a soft, quiet voice. I sighed and looked at the others. They had gathered around to listen to what I had to say. I took a deep breath, in a pathetic attempt to keep myself from bursting into tears.

"I lost everything in that car accident. My whole family is gone....I have no one on this Earth who cares about me. I barely know you guys, I must be such a burden on you." I said, a single tear falling down my cheek. Niall took me into his arms and held me gently.

"Juliet, you are not a burden. You are a beautiful, smart, kind and talented girl. Okay, this may seem crazy, but the lads and I were thinking that maybe...we could...um, take you in. You know, like a metaphorical family member without the blood relation. Come live with us, Juliet. We promise to treat you well. I love you, Juliet; please, let me into your heart." Niall suggested, looking into my eyes. I looked around at the others: they were nodding, and that meant that they were being sincere, I could tell. "Y-You would really do that for me?" I asked, looking back at Niall. He smiled and gently stroked my cheek. "Of course, Juliet." He said softly. I smiled through my tears, and said to all of the boys, "I accept!"

They all cheered, and hugged me gently, one at a time. First, it was Harry. "I knew that you would accept." He whispered in my ear. I giggled at that. After I pulled away from Harry, it was Zayn's turn. "Welcome to the family, Juliet." He said softly. "Thanks, Zayn." I said. Next, it was Liam. "I already think of you as a little sister." He said. That made me smile. "And I think of you as a big brother." I replied. Then, it was Louis's turn. "I look forwars to spending more time with you." Louis whispered. "Same here, Louis." I whispered back. Finally, last but not least, it was Niall's turn. "I love you." He whispered. I smiled widely, and whispered back, "I love you too, Niall."

And I truly meant every word.

-End of Chapter 3-