Chapter 3: The Bet

It really was no secret to you or your classmates that by the 6th grade Joe had a huge crush on you. You guys were hardly ever separated around each other at both home and school, much to the dismay of Billy who still got under your skin with his arrogance and constant approaches to you.

Joe had told you about his feelings earlier in the year as if no one else saw it coming. You had said as a response to his confession that you really only seen him as a friend. As for Joe he never did mind the slow approach, and his baby blue eyes glimmered at the sight of you every time. You are still the light of his young life.

All throughout 6th grade after that Joe would often be put down by Billy saying she only likes you as a "friend" and he has never tried making a move towards you. While he tried for a kiss the day he had met you. Some of Billy's friends also bullied him for the likes of being a teachers pet and being extremely good at math, much to Billy's approval. You often had to help Joe up from everything he had endured both emotionally and physically. He was always alright with it as long as it was you.

"Umm... (y/n), a little help please?" Joe asked while Billy's friends just got done stuffing him inside his own locker and leaving him.

"Joey," you said with a sigh while opening the locker and helping him out. "Why does this constantly happen to you?"

"Because a certain person and his friends hate me." Joey stated turning and grabbing his work books from his locker.

"Not Billy and his sidekicks again. Ever since we met him he has been the bane of my existence, he always states that he is cool, yeah if cool was being arrogant." You said. Joey just nodded and closed his locker.

"I don't know what his deal is but this..." Joe sighs. "I am used to it by now. To me it is nothing new. Just let him. I know how much you hate him, I hate him in more than just one way." 'For one I know he has been instigating me on and knows how jealous I get anytime he is around you.'

"I don't get why he even likes me for, he has all the girls that he would want around him, so why me?" You asked. 'It's because I love you' Joe thought though his face is turning red. "I wish he would find someone else to chase after."

"I hope so to he always gets on my nerves anytime he is around you." Joe stated looking at you with a stoic looking in his eyes. Jealousy forming in his face just thinking about him. A burning in his stomach he always had a hard time getting rid of.

"Hey, it's alright Joey." You said taking a few steps forward and cupping Joe's face. "As I have told you before I really have no interest in him at all." You release your hand from his face and head on out to catch your bus ride home. Joe then places his hand where your hand to his face was. Joe watches her as a loving smile reaches his face.

"Well, here you are Joe," Joe rolls his eyes at the voice "still stuck in the friend zone with (y/n).

Joe's feels a burning inside him. "Back off, Billy. Clenching his fist.

"Well now that I have found you here I thought I would try to make this interesting." Billy said a smirk on his face. "I bet you Joe twenty dollars, that I will get a kiss from her on the lips before the school year is over."

"Now why would I want to make that bet, she is my best friend, and I know she would like this kind of a bet for her." Joe stated repulsed by the very thought of it.

"Winner gets a kiss from her and a 20." Billy said thinking that he has got Joe in an offer he can't really refuse. Joe's face turned red at the thought as he turned away from him. Joe also knows she has always disliked him for what he has been to her.

'No way he will get a kiss from her.'

"Alright Billy, your on." Joe says with a handshake.

"Your going down." Billy states with a firm tone in his voice. As he heads towards his practice grounds.