Prologue

Persephone was a Greek Goddess. She was picking flowers when she was kidnapped by Hades, the king of the Underworld. I was much like her in many ways.

I wasn't picking flowers when I was kidnapped. I was minding my own damn business, sitting in a park. I was writing in my journal, something I did more often than the average person.

He showed himself to me, then. He had taken a liking to me, for some reason I didn't know. I was very afraid of him, his mere presence sending shivers of fear down my spine. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and I wanted to run.

"What's your name?" He asked, quite rudely, might I add.

"None of your business." I replied in the same tone. I stood my ground. I was never one to run from a fight.

"I am Denevan." He smirked.

His name struck fear in me. It wasn't the first time I heard it. Word on the street was that this man was a Vampire, and one that wasn't meant to be defied or messed with.

I choked on air. If he really was the Denevan I thought he was, that meant trouble for me. He wanted something from me, and that meant I'd have to fight or run. I couldn't fight a Vampire and I didn't run.

My green eyes practically flew from side to side, looking for an easy escape or someone who could help me. Yet, I was entirely alone, minus the man in front of me.

"I don't want any trouble." I told him, losing the defiance in my voice. I was scared now, more so than I have ever been. I'd only ever met a Vampire once in my life, and she was sweet enough to let me go.

"I do." Denevan remarked with a smirk.

I turned to flee, but he latched his hand onto my hair. He tugged hard, eliciting a yelp from my lips. I felt his razor sharp fangs dig into the skin at my neck.

They say, in times of danger or fear, your mind shuts down. Mine definitely did, because the next thing I knew, I was laying on a bed in the middle of a red room.

And something told me, deep within my gut, that this was the worst place to ever be.