2 || logolepsy

warning: mild swearing 

↱ (n.) an obsession with words ↲  

LUNA looked out of the window, seeing her house. She looked over at Reggie and pointed towards her house, asking him to stop. 

He did so and she prepared to step out of the car when she stopped and said with a low voice "Thank you, for the ride". Then she went around towards the back of the car and opened the backseat to take out her bike, but failed to do so when she shout out in pain due to her injured hand. 

Reggie heard her scream and jumped frantically out of the car, afraid that something had happened to the girl. 

He saw her clutching her hand, getting a deja vu since earlier that night, and he wanted to smile at her hurt and angry expression. 

"Can't you remember that you injured your hand so you won't be able to lift or hold anything?" Reggie said, making her roll her eyes even though she was in an exquisite pain. 

"Yeah you dumbass, I love to hurt my injured hand," Luna said sarcastically, rolling her eyes yet again. 

He gave her a small smile and lifted out her bike, leaving it right next to her. Then he leant against his car, watching Luna in silence. 

She felt uncomfortable under his stare so she cleared her throat and looked him directly in his eye, "Thank you, um, for today" She told him and then she took her bike and went to the garage, out of Reggie's sight. 

He let out a sigh and turned around to open his car door and stepped in, closing the door behind him. He started the car but stayed right where he was, trying to see if Luna even got into her house. 

When he glimpsed her hair come out of the dark he backed with his car, ready to leave. But he waited just until Luna got inside her house and then he started to drive away. 

    ▬▬▬▬⁂ ▬▬▬▬  

The next morning Luna heard a thump next to her and she quickly got up, afraid that someone had gotten hurt. She looked down from her bed and saw one of her little brothers spread across the floor, looking up at her with an innocent look that turned to a happy one. 

Luna smiled down at him, feeling her heart warm up at his cute smile. "Isaiah, what are you doing on the ground?" She said, reaching down to him to try and pull him up. 

"Mum told me to wake you up, so I jum-jumped on your bed but then I fell." He started giggling again and Luna had to prevent herself from smiling, reminded herself that her brother wasn't that innocent.