"So we have some campers to the South. Meaning Nick, Noah, Lily and Josh have to have a chaperone at all times. Ashton and Damien, we will trust you to be responsible but if I hear of you doing otherwise you will be staying in the cabin until they leave." he announced. Nick and Noah groaned in unison. Damien sighed loudly and left. Lily and josh turned to Kayla.

"Can we still play hide and seek?" Josh asked. Kayla smiled and picked him up.

"Maybe not hide and seek but how about tag? Bet you can't catch me." she said. She was a good babysitter because she was the fastest runner. This meant Kyle was in charge of Nick and Noah. He climbed off the couch to follow the energetic pair. Ashton looked up at Sam pleadingly once everyone was gone.

"Can I go investigate. I could find out how long they are planning to stay, or if they'll be coming any closer. They'll never see me in the dark." he said. Sam sighed and rubbed his head,

"I know you're just curious but I don't want that curiousity to get you killed." he said. Ashton's hopefull face turned into a frown.

"Don't let them see you." Sam said giving him a stern look, "You'll just freak them out." Ashton grinned from ear to ear.

"Sneak in, find out what you can and get out without the seeing you. Wait until nightfall when it will be easier to stay hidden." he said. Ashton grinned even wider and headed out to the porch where he found Damien moping.

"So house arrest because there are people around." Ashton said trying to cheer Damien up. They might be the closest in age apart from the twins but they couldn't be more different. Ashton was cheerul and open minded with a sunny personality. Damien was moodier and tended to run alone and had a short temper. Damien merely shrugged at him so he headed off into the forest behind the cabin. He was excited about seeing the humans. He'd never met a human aside from their mother. He'd never actually seen any other humans. He ditched his shorts for his fur and his paws tore through the underbrush. He had to use up some of his energy if he was going to concentrate on being quiet while he watched the humans. He was actually going to see humans, smell humans, hear what normal humans talked about. He figured a lap around the mountain top would wear him out and take up just enough time until he could go stake out the camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie took another swig of her beer, he encounter with the wolf long forgotten. Jamie was running the Jeep so the battery didn't die. So they still had the music cranked up. Anna was laughing with Jamie and Jessie was silently wishing she'd had a boyfriend to bring along. She checked her cell to see it was getting late, still no service. She yawned and heard a branch snap in the woods behind her. She turned and stared into the woods but could see nothing in the pitch black. Jamie was getting into a detailed story about one of his fishing trips so she zoned out. Anna hung on his every exaggerated word. She flicked through her phone to amuse herself. She caught a wisp of a signal and checked her facebook for any updates; nothing new. She had her own playlist on her phone and she scrolled through that until she got bored. Then she went into her photo gallery. She had a lot of selfies of her and Anna, mostly in a bar or during their current trip. She had several pictures of her cat Mia who was staying with her parents until she got back. Jamie's fishing story finally ended and Anna came to drag her out of her chair. It had been a while since she and Anna had a good night of drinking together. They danced and swayed drunkenly to the pop music blaring for the speakers. Jamie even got up and danced to a number or two. They had a great night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton yawned. The humans were up much later than he was used to. It was really interesting to see the way they danced. Even their music was different from anything he'd ever heard. The was a lot of bass and the tempo was fast. He caught himself more than once bobbing his head to it. They hadn't done much talking since he'd shown up at dusk and he was wishing he'd come a bit earlier. The guy was sitting in a chair and looked like he was finally nodding off. The blond girl who had seen him earlier was looking tired to but the brunette was keeping her going. Finally the blonde pointed out that the guy was sleeping so the brunette ran over and silenced the music. Ashton ears were left ringing with the sudden quite. The two girls dragged the guy into the tent. When they finally settled into the tent, and he could hear snoring he tip toed into the camp. Everything was a new smell, a new sight. What they had been drinking smelled like bread baking gone horribly wrong. They had left the bottles strewn across the camp. The chairs were something different and interesting. They seemed to collapse for easy travel. Their tent was the same way but he'd seen a tent before. The fire crackled as a branch finally snapped. The vehical doors were all closed but it was different from the truck they had. Obviously much newer. It was all shiny and new. He turned to the coolers. They kept one at home for keep meat and vegetables fresh. He wondered what they had brought. He nosed the first one open and was a little surprise to see more of the god aweful drink theyd had. He lowered the lid and pushed it down with his paw for good measure before going to the next. This one had a bit more. He could smell milk, definitely not goats though. They had a few fruit and some strange plastic wrapped sausages. He shut this lid too and went to investigate the tent. They had been kind enough to leave the flap open. He poked his head in. The brunette was curled up with the guy fast asleep. The blonde was laying on her stomache facing away. She was looking at some strange type of light but he backed out quickly before he got a good look. He didn't want her to spot him again. He crossed the camp to investigate a stove fueled by propane. They'd cooked some pasta type meal out of a can. He sniffed the can too the proceeded around the campsite.