Second Day

--Codys POV--

I woke up to someone punching me in the stomach and yelling at me things like faggot and bitch and mistake. I automatically knew it was my step dad. "JESUS I'M AWAKE BITCH!" I yelled back. Which just made him punch my right in the jaw. He left my room and started to text Maxx

C- I need help...
M- What do you mean?
C- My step dad... He... He...
M- Is he... Abusive?
C- I need you right now...
M- I'm on my way to your house right now. I just need to put some clothes on.
C- NO! Don't come. He is gonna hurt you too.
M- Cody. I need to help you..
C- I need you to stay safe. Ok?
M- Ok.... I'll see you at school
C- Bye Maxx
M- Bye Cody

I got up and changed. I didn't bother win my shower cause I showerd last night. I changed my plugs to ying yang plugs. And I started to sing Mercy by Shawn Mendes. (I know. I'm a fan of him. Calm tf down)

--Maxxs POV--

I got up and started to cry. I wanted to help Cody. But he wouldn't let me. I heard him start to sing. I live just right next to him. I think he was singing Mercy by Shawn Mendes. He had an amazing voice. Then I heard a voice yell, "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FAG!!" I'm guessing that's his step dad. Then I saw his door fly open and stood a tall man. Probably in his late 30s or early 40s. I grabbed my phone and texted Cody.

M- Is that the guy who hurts you?
C- STOP STALKING ME!! And turn around. I don't want you to see th-

He didn't finish the sentence cause I saw him get punched in the stomach. He dropped his phone. I was in my pajama pants and no shirt. I ran out of my house and knocked at Codys door like the police. The same guy from earlier flew open the door. "Who the fuck are you and what do you w-want?" He hiccuped. I could smell the alcohol. "Move you bitch" I said as I moved passed him and went up to Codys room. He was on the floor holding his stomach with his phone next to him. "CODY!!" I yelled. "M-Maxx? Y-you can't b-be here. G-go." He said. "I can't leave you. I love you too much." I told him, whispering.