Prologue

Brent Daniel Hollier took great pride in announcing the growth of his business every chance he got. Not once did he pass up the opportunity to remind those around him about how utterly successful he was and just about the only thing he loved, other than his mother, of course-he's not a complete monster-was how everybody respected him. His first resort to every problem was to either throw punches or yell until his victim was in tears. However, he got things done and they always, for the most part, ended exactly as he had planned.

Maisie Rose Cooper always spent more time worrying about others than she ever did herself. She is the least social person she knows and all she wants to do is to help make the world a little better. Though she is sometimes able to mutter her words with a hint of sass, she believes that the best way to handle any problem is through kindly spoken constructive criticism and would never even dream about handling things with violence of any sorts.  

When Brent's mother has had enough of his disorderly way of getting his point across, she appoints him with a full-time assistant, as he likes to say, to help him get through his issues, and to help her ease the worry of the possibility that she may have to bail her son out of jail.