(Feren X Reader) As Each Other's Lives

Start from the beginning

His smile soon faded upon hearing Bard heatedly dismiss the council. The Men followed their leader out of the tent and back to the camp of Esgaroth's survivors, leaving the Elves to speak amongst themselves. Feren stood in silence for several moments before realizing that one of his fellows was attempting to gain his attention.

"Feren?" (Y/N) called gently once again. Feren blushed fiercely upon making the sudden realization that the fairest of the Elves was speaking to him right at that very moment. Attempting to conceal his heated face, Feren grunted slightly to signal his attention.

"Feren, I was wondering if you would accompany men on a peaceful walk? Just for a short while, if you will," (Y/N) asked kindly. Feren blushed even more immensely and turned to face his superior. A look of utmost concern crossed the beautiful face of (Y/N) as she observed the bright color of his face.

"Are you well, Feren?" (Y/N) questioned. Feren simply nodded in reply, and he swiftly agreed to the stroll before the princess could change her mind about the invitation. (Y/N) beamed beautifully.

"I will await you outside, Feren," she said joyously as she left the tent. Feren forced himself to steady his heart, and to breath at a steady rate once more. Once he was calm, Feren prepared to follow the elven princess, however he was shortly halted by Prince Legolas as he stepped powerfully in his path. He seemed to be idle in his feelings, and yet anger was the most apparent one which Feren could see in his prince's ageless eyes.

"You there! I do not believe that I ever learned your name," Legolas said calmly.

"Sir, I am Feren of Mirkwood. Loyal to your family as you are the son of King Thranduil of our realm. I come from our land and I intend to remain their for the rest of time," Feren stated proudly. He truly did wish to impress Legolas, seeing as he would partially require his approval if he ever wished to court (Y/N). It appeared, to him, that his plan had been successful.

The prince stared blankly at the prideful Elf before him. After a time, he nodded his comprehension and sighed. Feren believed that the talk was completed, and attempted to follow (Y/N) outside into the chilled air. However, he hurriedly realized his mistaken understanding as Prince Legolas suddenly reached out and gripped his shoulder threateningly, eyeing Feren sternly.

"You are not to touch my sister, Feren. Although we might argue, we are still very precious to one another. If I find that you have in any way hurt her, you can be certain that I will avenge her mercilessly. Do you understand my warning?"

Feren gaped for several moments before nodding fearfully. Legolas released him and permitted him to follow his sister, which Feren hurriedly did.

Without a second glance behind him, Feren began to walk swiftly with (Y/N) through the deepening snow.

"What happened? Feren? I heard my brother's hateful tone being used while you were still within that wretched tent," (Y/N) asked once the two were safely out of earshot of their fellow company. Feren sighed and shook his head, dismayed.

"He does not trust me yet, my dear (Y/N). He does not wish us to part eternally as your father, however he is nearly just as disapproving of our love."

(Y/N) stood in deep thought, saying, "We must try to convince them that this was meant to be. For if they do not, we may always be in this situation."

"I know, my love. The chief concern remains- how must we go about doing so?"

The two thought for several long moments, yet no solution arose in either of their wise minds. They were both greatly dismayed by their seemingly failed efforts.

"We will find a way, Feren. I promise," (Y/N) began to reassure both herself and her love after a great deal of time. However, even Feren could feel the immense doubt in her words.