And I'm not going into Season 3. I mean, guys, SWR is definitely not nearly as dark as The Clone Wars because it still needs to be at least a little kid-friendly (which not all of TCW episodes were -- HELLO, Savage!! How's Adi Gallia doin' this morning?!!), but it definitely has its dark elements and has gotten progressively darker as the seasons go by. Dave Filoni has said it'll be really bringing us closer to Rogue One... a much, much darker world, and we all know now how it ends.

As Dave Filoni said himself at the panel:

Dave: "It's going to be different. A little dark. A little fun."

If he says outright it's going to be a little dark, well, don't fire your psychiatrist yet, people. XD

Going completely back to the trailer and Hera's words, doesn't it sound like a certain general in a Rogue One era, sitting there with a bunch of little U-Wing and X-Wing pilots clustered around her with wide eyes as she regales them all of a dark story?

Regardless of if everyone dies or not, not everyone will die (as if that's much of a consolation.. SNIF). Hera and Chopper are both saved by canon (Hera's mentioned in Rogue One, and Chopper actually appears). The Ghost apparently also appears in the movie, as well, so our favorite rebel ship will survive the season as well.

Speaking of Hera's being mentioned in Rogue One -- in the movie, we hear someone calling for "General Syndulla". It's been confirmed it's not Cham; it's her, and she gets a promotion. Apparently, it was revealed in a post-panel conference that Hera will be a general by the end of the season.

Now, some revelations from the celebration, the trailer, and the panel.

-Rukh, Thrawn's personal assassin and bodyguard (as if Thrawn needs one) from Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn (whom Dave thanked for the creation of Thrawn in the panel) will be appearing in the series. (He looks like a bigger, scarier, and tougher version of Gollum to me. xD) He will be voiced by Warwick Davis, who stopped in as a surprise guest during the panel. Dave says that Davis "tricked" him into giving him the role. xD

- U-Wings from Rogue One!!

-Saw will return, along with his Two-Tubes guy, who we also see in R1.

-So will Mon Mothma, and Dave says we can expect her to get fired up. "She's a leader for a reason."

-Bo-Katan from the Clone Wars will return -- and, in the trailer, she is seen BRIEFLY LIFTING THE DARKSABER. Will she become the new leader of Mandalore?

It would make sense -- she's a strong woman, a strong leader, and she is the sister of the former ruler of Mandalore, Duchess Satine Kryze.

-#HotKallus. xD That is my life now. X'DDD I LOVE IT

-Ahsoka is very likely to return. At the same time, my favorite character ever CAD BANE was also being spoken about... in the "Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates" panel with Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo.

Or, of course, maybe Ahsoka won't return. I mean, you all saw the t-shirt teasing Ashely Eckstein's own t-shirt line -- "Ahsoka Lives ?" XD

-Rex, Wolffe, and Gregor will all return!!

-REX IS LITERALLY IN RETURN OF THE JEDI. THERE'S A PICTURE OF IT OF HIM ON ENDOR WITH HAN. LOOK IT UP. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN PLANNING THAT FOR A REALLY LONG TIME, BECAUSE REX'S BEARD IN REBELS IS EXACTLY THE SAME. 

This means another character is saved by canon  =) Yay Rex!!

-There was going to be an episode of The Clone Wars where Bane captured Boba and they ended up having a Wild West shootout -- where Bane's fate was unclear, and Boba's helmet gained its signature dent from Cad Bane's blaster bolt.

-We'll be seeing more Chopper -- and apparently, some of his softer side? As Filoni says: "Sometimes when someone is acting grumpy, they're actually one of the ones that cares the most."

-Looks like Sabine paints that bike trooper helmet Ezra gets in Hera's Heroes in his colors -- and Ezra gets his own jetpack?

-Hera pulls a Han Solo-esque, super-dangerous hyperspace stunt!! (Which looks incredibly awesome :o)

-That (GORGEOUS) wolf creature -- I'm guessing it's a Bendu-esque Force creature, perhaps. It seriously reminds me of that spirit wolf in the ATLA comics. 

I'm sooo curious about that...

So, what did you guys think? Are you looking forward to the new season? I definitely am. I think that no matter what happens, it will be amazing, and I can't wait until the fall to see what's in store for us. I'm extremely excited for it all -- and I know it will all be absolutely incredible.

"May the Force be with you."

-- Arty out!