Chapter 2 - Realization

Kosuda felt his heart shattering. He suspected that Yamada was just after sex, but this was something he never saw coming. He started to cry but stopped himself. He remembered Yamada had already yelled at him for crying over her once before. Yamada…  It all made sense now. Why she kept him around but kept her distance, her flashing him and the fact that she made a big deal out of him being a “cherry boy”.

“I’m sorry, Kosuda,” Said Yamada.

“For what, lying to me or getting caught?” Kosuda said angrily.

Yamada looked to the side and pulled her knees up to her chest. “I didn’t lie to you,”

“Well you sure as hell didn’t tell the truth!” said Kosuda slamming his fist down on the table in front of him, “did you ever care about me, or am honestly just ‘a means to an end,”

“I’m sorry,” said Yamada at a loss for words.

“I guess that’s it then, normally this is the part where I would say that we shouldn’t be together anymore or that we shouldn’t see each other, but guess what, Yamada? WE see each other every day and we were apparently never together in the first place!” Kosuda yelled at Yamada.

Yamada sat there and just took everything that Kosuda threw at her. “I never meant to hurt you, I honestly didn’t,”

“Well that worked out really well, didn’t it? I’m done,” said Kosuda as he stormed out of the room.

It wasn’t like Kosuda to get this angry. It was completely out of his character. Yamada had never ried so much. Tears were flowing out of her eyes like waterfalls.

‘Why am I this upset about Kosuda?” Yamada thought to herself.

This was the moment that it dawned on Yamada. Something that she wished she would have realized a long time ago, something that would have stopped Kosuda from getting hurt. She was in love with Kosuda.

Yamada curled up in the corner of the room and cried herself to sleep.